Home

Old 08-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14

I've played over 300 games of FIFA 14 online but I've reached the end of the road. I truly hope they sort it out for FIFA 15 because as it stands now, it's a mess of high pressure arcade football.

Once you reach a higher tier of opponent it's obvious that in order to compete, you need to use high pressure tactics or you simply don't stand a chance. The AI, by design, decides your players will make mistakes when the opponents are using high pressure and if you don't use high pressure tactics to counter it, they'll misplace passes, mis-control the ball and just go to pieces. Not to mention the ridiculous custom formations that break the AI. It's possible to send so many players forward that the AI defenders just haven't got a clue where to position themselves. I'm in favour of removing custom formations from online head-to-head games and limiting the custom tactics so it actually becomes a game of skill again. A bit like EA did with Madden a few years back, they removed custom playbooks because online games had just become a joke. Likewise, they need to sort out fatigue but that's been an issue for years.

Proof that the AI dictates the outcome of the game more than the individual skill - I've played a friend and we've had games that he has won convincingly followed by games that I've won convincingly. I honestly couldn't tell you which of us is the better player and we've played almost 20 games. From one game to the next, one of us will play terribly for no apparent reason.

I truly hope they sort it out for FIFA 15, but I'm not holding my breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »