Home

Coach mode in 2k15?

This is a discussion on Coach mode in 2k15? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3
Coach mode in 2k15?

Hey all, in 2k13 on PS3 i was able to coach in my association. My stick skills are bad and i dont enjoy messing up players stats on an epic level. Yes, im that bad.

Ive looked around and havent seen a concrete answer to this question. I know we will be able to watch cpu vs cpu, but will i be allowed to coach my team also.

I loved this ability on last gen, so im hoping it will be in 2k15 version of association mode. I was never an NBA fan in my life, but this game is so amazing it sucked me in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coach mode in 2k15?

I'm hoping coach mode returns as well.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Nothing announced yet.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Thank you for the replies, keeping my fingers crossed. Im buying the game either way, even without my precious coach mode. 2k just gets it with this game, and gets the ppl that buy it.

NBA 2k and The Show franchise is what every other sports game developer should strive to be.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i just wanted to bump this because i've been searching all over for an answer to this and can't find one yet. i really hope coach mode will be back! (fingers crossed) myleague looks great, that's the only thing i'm concerned about. with the ability to jump into games while simming i'm guessing so but would love to have it confirmed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

I enjoyed this mode in the past. If re introduced i would like to see more controll as coach. Being able to call plays, or even draw up plays from a time out. Being able to coach tendecys during game, call time up coach player menue sf josh smish select patient offense or some thing just for him. So it would lower his tendecy to jack 3's while not effecting some 1 like jennings who i wouldnt mind shooting as much. Would be alot of fun coaching up teams like the pelecans, knicks,gsw. Also general dialog options like encourament. Scolding, praise, coaxing that could effect player rythems. Would make the mode feel less like watching cpu vs cpu. And more like you coaching the team. Also getting up arguing calls maybe getting tecks, or reating with emote like actions when a player does somthing you do or dont like. Think SVG wen hedo jacks a 3. Maybe even more redecilous actions like that 1 certain coach from indiana who liked to throw chairs
Old 09-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
I enjoyed this mode in the past. If re introduced i would like to see more controll as coach. Being able to call plays, or even draw up plays from a time out. Being able to coach tendecys during game, call time up coach player menue sf josh smish select patient offense or some thing just for him. So it would lower his tendecy to jack 3's while not effecting some 1 like jennings who i wouldnt mind shooting as much. Would be alot of fun coaching up teams like the pelecans, knicks,gsw. Also general dialog options like encourament. Scolding, praise, coaxing that could effect player rythems. Would make the mode feel less like watching cpu vs cpu. And more like you coaching the team. Also getting up arguing calls maybe getting tecks, or reating with emote like actions when a player does somthing you do or dont like. Think SVG wen hedo jacks a 3. Maybe even more redecilous actions like that 1 certain coach from indiana who liked to throw chairs
wow that would be awesome haha! i'd be happy if it's at least just back in the game though as was for now. it's a big deal to me because i play 12min quarters player lock in myleague just controlling my guy like its mycareer. so when i sub myself out and like to put coach mode on and let the game play out cpu vs cpu until i'm rested and back in the game then i turn it off again. you could still call the basic plays like go to your center in the post, or have your wing cut to the basket, or set screens for shooters etc.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #8
Just started!

The Show franchise is what every other sports game developer should strive to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »