Home

NBA 2k15: More in depth create a player?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15: More in depth create a player? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA 2k15: More in depth create a player?

2k has always had a horrible create a player system. But to remove the option completely puzzled me along with the generic faces. Unfortunately at this stage of the year(August) they must have already decided how the CAP system is made but it is worth a try to voice our opinions/suggestions in case a producer reads through this thread.

This year Im hoping they shy away from the generic faces and allow users to have more selections to pick from. Playing in the park feels less authentic because players look EXACTLY the same.

Allow users to pick from a selection of eyes,noses, jaws, cheek structure, eyebrow angles, lips etc.

Another thing- UPDATE THE HAIR STYLES! same boring and unrealistic hairstyles have returned year in and year out.

Maybe NBA 2k should steal some hairstyles from WWE's create system especially considering they are owned by 2k now.

Or maybe they should give players the options to pick/copy NBA players hairstyles. Just add more variety especially for hair! Look how NBA players have faded tape ups.

Same can go for facial hair.

Any other ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15: More in depth create a player?

Facial scans!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Well they've said that 2K15 will have a new create a player mode. Hopefully it really is good. I'm a huge fan of create a player modes especially for this game because I like to create draft classes and whatnot.

Facial Scan would be nice. But the more important option to put in is the sliders they had in recent last gen games. Those are great, they just have to expand on those.

They definitely need new options for hairstyles. We don't really need those designs around the side of the head it's too uncommon. They really just need to focus on normal hairstyles. Like around 10 styles of buzz cuts. Or if not they maybe they can let us control where the hairline is, hair thickness etc.

There are too many great creation modes in other games, it's kind of weird when games come out now with half assed creation modes like the one in next gen 2k14.

Really hoping 2K15 delivers!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

I wonder if Create-A-Team is in. If so all I hope for is the ability to have team names on the front of the jerseys. Like the "Erasers" from the old games.

Just better nicknames lol.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

When is hometown ever going to matter in this game? And when are we going to give our MyPlayer an actually birthday and actually hometown? Because after seeing how much it means playing for a hometown team is with Lebron going back to Cleveland and the question of KD going to play for Washington in 2016, I think hometown should matter. Birthday should matter because say you have game on your birthday and stats pertaining that. Also, when is the commentators going to acknowledge when a record is going to be broken or surpassed or close to being. Also when are the name calling going to be more in depth like in MLB the Show? In that game you can write out your name and have the commentators and the game call your name from a list of names close to your name. These sort of things what adds to the immersion of the game and would be that small detail that matters more then they know.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers & Brooklyn Nets
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New England Patriots
NHL: Vancouver Canucks

Last edited by TheManofSteel3kO; 08-14-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
Well they've said that 2K15 will have a new create a player mode. Hopefully it really is good. I'm a huge fan of create a player modes especially for this game because I like to create draft classes and whatnot.

Facial Scan would be nice. But the more important option to put in is the sliders they had in recent last gen games. Those are great, they just have to expand on those.

They definitely need new options for hairstyles. We don't really need those designs around the side of the head it's too uncommon. They really just need to focus on normal hairstyles. Like around 10 styles of buzz cuts. Or if not they maybe they can let us control where the hairline is, hair thickness etc.

There are too many great creation modes in other games, it's kind of weird when games come out now with half assed creation modes like the one in next gen 2k14.

Really hoping 2K15 delivers!
I really hope they gave Patrick Ewing his high top fade instead of the natural on the '95 Knicks
Old 08-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah faces need more customization.

I also hope they let us create a great number of players and not only 50 or so.
Would be helpfull for classic rosters.

Last edited by CD90; 08-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »