Home

Nostalgic Memories Thread

This is a discussion on Nostalgic Memories Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nostalgic Memories Thread

With this generation becoming more obsolete as the days go by (even tho we finally got crew back) I thought it's time for us to share some of our favorite memories while playing this series in the PS3/XBox 360 era. I'll start

Game: NBA 2K11

Game Mode: MyPlayer

Memory: Game 6 against the Bulls and my Heat (Side Note: Who didn't get traded to the Heat in 2K11?) down by 3 with about 2 seconds left and no timeouts. Ronnie Brewer gets fouled and steps up to the line for 2 shots. He bricks the first, and then the second. Big Z eats the board and outlets it to me at halfcourt in a split second. As soon as I catch the ball I heave it as the buzzer sounds. It falls cleanly and the games over at the buzzer. Never had I won a game like that before.

Man I miss 2K11...
They got the big fella down there inside, and if you slow the game down a lot he'll get into position. You know he gone bang you all night.-Ben Wallace on Shaquille O'Neal at halftime, game 5 of the 2004 NBA Finals. Hope nobody takes this out of context...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Nostalgic Memories Thread

I play 2K11 ALL THE TIME! Classic files. I have so many nostalgic games it's beyond funny. I've lost more of them than I've won LOL! But 2K11 is just an incredible game.

I had been getting beaten a lot lately, but last night I finally won a blowout game. 1990-91 roster file. Timberwolves (cpu) at Celtics (me). I won 115-83. I jumped out to a 20-4 lead. Minny would use 3 timeouts early, but it worked for them. I only led 28-25 after the first quarter. I led 50-45 at halftime. Minny would take the lead in the 3rd, but then I went on a run of all runs. I actually led by 28 in the 4th quarter. Larry Bird led the way with 27 points. Reggie Lewis and Brian Shaw had 15 each. And the funny one is that Michael Smith (rookie from BYU - now the color commentator for the Clippers local TV broadcast) had 14 points in only 6 minutes of playing time. Tony Campbell led Minny with 29 points. Fun stuff...
Old 08-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Ufsports2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I play 2K11 ALL THE TIME! Classic files. I have so many nostalgic games it's beyond funny. I've lost more of them than I've won LOL! But 2K11 is just an incredible game.

I had been getting beaten a lot lately, but last night I finally won a blowout game. 1990-91 roster file. Timberwolves (cpu) at Celtics (me). I won 115-83. I jumped out to a 20-4 lead. Minny would use 3 timeouts early, but it worked for them. I only led 28-25 after the first quarter. I led 50-45 at halftime. Minny would take the lead in the 3rd, but then I went on a run of all runs. I actually led by 28 in the 4th quarter. Larry Bird led the way with 27 points. Reggie Lewis and Brian Shaw had 15 each. And the funny one is that Michael Smith (rookie from BYU - now the color commentator for the Clippers local TV broadcast) had 14 points in only 6 minutes of playing time. Tony Campbell led Minny with 29 points. Fun stuff...
Omg can pleeaassee u send me a link to that roster?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufsports2
Omg can pleeaassee u send me a link to that roster?
Go here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iled-list.html

read all the directions - and see what I can give you (20 years worth of classic 2k11 rosters - starting with the 84-85 season).

you need to send me an email like the instructions state. you also need to know how to move files from your laptop to you 360 hard drive. If you can do all that, shoot me an email and I'll take care of you... Mike
Old 08-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

So many great memories playing 2K ball... I won't concentrate on just one particular moment considering how much fun I had with most of their titles. And I definitely have to agree and say that 2K11 was/is the pinnacle.

In saying that, momentous made me fall in love with everything 2K8.

I remember the original video from him showcasing the dunk comp. Everything from the music to the editing made me want to play the mode. And I played it everyday between Assoc games.

In my opinion, this is what the Dunk comp now, should've resembled. The controls were easy but still had that small timing challenge and everything happened directly from user input... I hope they re-do the controls., and mode in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rb1...9CB4C7AFE529C7

Then there was this. THIS!

If this didn't or still doesn't make you want to play 2K8, something is wrong with you

Nothing more to say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfft-CPVV8

...we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after...

Last edited by eye guy; 08-12-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

PortlandBlazer's 2K8 roster files (he did playoff teams) really got me into 2K basketball. He did an outstanding job on those rosters. It was then I really started to wonder if we could create a HUGE batch of files for complete seasons, but never dreamed it could be done. Or at the very least, just a few. But 2K11 became that reality - I'm surprised I haven't worn my disc out. I'm still tweaking slider stuff as I see new animations I never had seen before, all these years later. But 2K8 really was the launching point as the gameplay really was very, very good. 2K11 just nailed it altogether - I honestly haven't enjoyed a 2K basketball game since.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

2K11 is the only game where i played game after game on 10 minute quarters. In all honesty, if it wasn't for Live 10, I don't think 2K11 wouldn't have been the game it is. In my opinion.

But that intro... that intro to 2K11 just set me off on a different journey. I didnt play more than 5 games online, but everything was so polished offline that it was hard to put the controller down. Funny thing is, it had the best CAP than 2K12 to 2K14.
...we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after...
Old 08-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I've got classic files starting with complete seasons from 1984-85. I use 12 minute quarters all the way up the 1994-95 season. In 95-96, scoring took a nosedive - so I only use 10 minute quarters for those seasons.

Last night I played a random matchup of the 1999-2000 season file. GS Warriors (cpu) at Indiana (me). I won 96-80. The game was much closer than the final score, as I really took over early in the 4th quarter. Jalen Rose had 25 pts, 6 rebs and 5 assts. Reggie Miller was in terrible foul trouble for me the entire game.

Man, that Pacers team that season was stacked: Mark Jackson, Miller, Rose, Dale Davis and Rik Smits. A bench of Austin Croshere, Travis Best, Derrick McKey, Chris Mullin & Sam Perkins. Lost to the Lakers in the Finals, but such a fun team to play with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »