Home

L.A. Rams, or L.A. Raiders?

This is a discussion on L.A. Rams, or L.A. Raiders? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7
L.A. Rams, or L.A. Raiders?

This is something I have thought about while working on my "Wild, WILD Outlaws" franchise in the Dynasty Forums. For those who don't know, the St. Louis Rams are moving to a new location in my Madden franchise, and one of the new locations in play is Los Angeles. The Jacksonville Jaguars are moving to San Antonio, but the location of the Rams hasn't been determined yet.

Anyway, working on this got me thinking. The NFL seems so hell-bent on placing a franchise in L.A. in the coming years, and I wonder which team would be a better fit. Both the Rams & Oakland Raiders have called L.A. home at some point in their histories and both are currently dealing with rough negotiations regarding their stadium licenses (the Raiders more than ever). Personally I feel that if one team "belonged" in L.A. more than the other, it's the L.A. Rams. After all they called the city home for over 40 years, and had a pretty good following. Unfortunately, Georgia Frontiere (the new owner) ruined that relationship out of greed. The same could be said for Al Davis, after abandoning the City of Angels & relocating to Oakland after just 13 years. But if I had to choose one team to move back to L.A. permanently, it would be the Rams. Just seems "right" to me.

My question is this: If you had to choose which team to send back to L.A., which would it be? Rams or Raiders? Or would you rather L.A. be like New York City & have BOTH teams?

Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Jerikokai's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: L.A. Rams, or L.A. Raiders?

Agreed about the Rams. They are a better fit in L.A. plus its the nfc west. being in st louis doesnt make sense anyway. i would rather keep the raiders in oakland just because of traditions. however, i completely understand if it doesnt work out. though at first san antonio and the raiders didnt quite rub me right, i have to admit, its kinda grown on me. mostly because of the colors. both the nba and wnba teams are silver and black, why n ot the football team. with that being said though, i would want them to change their name too. as a traditionalist, im not sure how i feel about THAT.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #3
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Leave my Rams alone! We have already been through losing an NFL franchise in StL. Don't make us go through it again. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-26-2014, 01:13 AM   #4
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

You can keep dreaming on the Rams. They aren't moving. Bookmark this thread.. lol.

One thing that can't be disputed is L.A. is where teams go to die. I don't care how long a specific team has tenured in L.A., there have been 3 teams (4 if you count pre-merger) dropped in L.A. only to move elsewhere eventually. I don't care if it's the 2nd largest market in the country, as it stands it's still leverage for other teams to get their own new stadiums or renovations. L.A. is an entertainment city, and I'd be willing to bet if a team did move there, just like history has proven, any fanbase (in my opinion) that may reside there doesn't deserve a franchise. It might make business sense, but history has already shown they can't keep teams, that is an undisputed fact. A state of the art stadium doesn't change the past.

Though, if they finally would build a new stadium in L.A. how can you not see that the Raiders already have the fanbase there to support the franchise post movement. THAT team makes the most sense now, not the Rams.

Irregardless of the Rams financial woes (and needing a new stadium no doubt), they have a solid D and despite Bradford getting injured, they will push on and still do well. You get them an average QB that can manage a game and stay healthy, that D will carry them to the playoffs, and possibly further. Winning cures everything.

Not to mention owner Stan Kroenke is a Missouri man through and through. Yes, he has (well his son now) other teams that he's invested in as well, but I believe he will make sure the Rams stay in St. Louis. And before you might mention that Kroenke purchased real estate in a prime location where a stadium "could" be built for an L.A. franchise, there has already been speculation to it being for a Wal-Mart (turned down), a new MLS soccer facility, ect. Means little.. as I stated before, he's a man that likes to make investments. It is my opinion the Rams are staying where they belong now, St. Louis. L.A. can keep their "entertainment" and smog.

Btw, I'm a Saints fan of 27 years from South Louisiana, but I've followed the Rams for quite some time as well. Saints fan first, but I've always respected the Rams and their play. They caused us major problems (butt-whippings) in the old division and still have given us trouble.

The Greatest Show on Turf was a beautiful thing (and their Superbowl loss against the Patriots was a sham, poorly officiated and not to mention, Spygate), and that happened in St. Louis.. where they belong. Just my opinion, and I'm willing to bet they stay there. And as you can see, I think highly of Robert Quinn, my favorite player in the NFL.

Their 1st round pick Greg Robinson went to the same high school as I did, and Micheal Brockers was an LSU Tiger.. this is my 20th year with LSU season tickets. He was a beast at LSU and continues that distinction today for the Rams. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him wreck O-lines while at LSU. Love the war in the trenches..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #5
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: L.A. Rams, or L.A. Raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Leave my Rams alone! We have already been through losing an NFL franchise in StL. Don't make us go through it again. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have faith man, the 9er's are on the decline, in my opinion, yet still pretty good. They hitched their wagon to a QB that I believe to be vastly overrated. They've been to 3 NFC championships yes, but loss two, then loss the Superbowl. They are on the decline although still talented. They have peaked. They've had their chance.. how much longer can they sustain success? Great receiving corps, yes, but that D is in decline, in my opinion. That pass offense was like 30th last year.. Kap is no elite pocket-passer, and good D's will contain his running ability.

Cardinals are the Cardinals. Good secondary, but what about their QB situation for the future, and Fitzgerald isn't getting any younger. Still not "there" as a contender yet, despite having a pretty good D.

The Seahawks are still legitimate contenders, but we'll see what happens when they pay Wilson and who stays and who goes. Just don't tell Seahawk fans anything different besides winning everything though, they think they have a dynasty brewing (lol).

Bradford went down, but Shaun Hill is capable of leading the team to a 9-10 win season this year with that D of their's. Depending on what happens at QB, they are only a few pieces away from contending and going deep in the playoffs again.. no telling how far. Their window is opening, not closing. I believe they only have 3 starters of the age of 30 or older on the team.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, the NFC West still today is the toughest division defensive-wise. Above the rest for sure.. and probably currently the toughest division of them all. I know one thing is for sure, the AFC conference is weak as hell. I see either the Broncos or the Patriots (go figure) representing the AFC in the Superbowl.. only to lose to an NFC team again. How I would love to see my Saints beat Manning in the Superbowl again.. and laugh at John Elway.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-26-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #6
Rookie

hbgoo1975's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Have faith man, the 9er's are on the decline, in my opinion, yet still good.

They hitched their wagon to a QB that I believe to be vastly overrated. They've been to two NFC championships, loss one, then loss the Superbowl. They are on the decline although still talented. They had their chance.. how much longer can they sustain?

Cardinals are the Cardinals. Good secondary, but what about their QB situation for the future, and Fitzgerald isn't getting any younger. Still not "there" as a contender yet, despite having a pretty good D.

The Seahawks are still legitimate contenders, but we'll see what happens when they pay Wilson and who stays and who goes. Just don't tell Seahawk fans anything different besides winning everything though, they think they have a dynasty brewing (lol).

Bradford went down, but Shaun Hill is capable of leading the team to a 9-10 win season this year with that D of their's. Depending on what happens at QB, they are only a few pieces away from contending and going deep in the playoffs again.. no telling how far. Their window is opening, not closing. I believe they only have 3 starters of the age of 30 or older on the team.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, the NFC West still today is the toughest division defensive-wise. Above the rest for sure.. and probably currently the toughest division of them all. I know one thing is for sure, the AFC conference is weak as hell. I see either the Broncos or the Patriots (go figure) representing the AFC in the Superbowl.. only to lose to an NFC team again. How I would love to see my Saints beat Manning in the Superbowl again.. and laugh at John Elway.
If you want LA to kiss the Charger's *** as So Cal's only football team then more power to you.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Nobody is moving to LA with a new Stadium. Someone floated around thr idea of the Raiders sharing Levi stadium with the 49ers but for many reasons that wouldn't work

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #8
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Check out this article from a few months ago detailing the Ram's stadium situation. Especially for you L.A. people wanting the Rams back.

To further expand upon the Ram's situation and any thoughts of moving to L.A., here is an article from May which explains in detail what owner Stan Kroenke has in mind about how he plans on going about building a new stadium for the St. Louis Rams. What's particularly interesting in this article is the interest in going about how the Minnesota Vikings handled their financial situation regarding their new stadium. So a plan is in the works for St. Louis.

I've seen many discussions turn into flame wars from people in L.A. wanting the Rams back and how they were "stolen" from them by Georgia, but I see the Rams getting their stadium in St. Louis. It won't be long, and we'll get to see what happens fairly soon with the Rams regardless of what speculation is coming out about the situation.

As I previously stated, I see the Raiders in L.A. before the Rams.. then, not as soon as people think. We'll see though. I'll continue watching the best D-line in the NFL play in St. Louis.

Hell, Kellen Clemens (almost beating the Seahawks) led them to 7-9, what do you think a better QB in Shaun Hill will do. Hill isn't the long-term solution, but they are a game-manager QB away from being back in the playoffs again. Think back to the Ravens and Trent Dilfer, and I consider Shaun Hill a better QB. So my prediction is 9-10 wins this season, in close hard-fought games. Their secondary is a weak spot (but there is a young movement there, E.J. Gaines and Lamarcus Joyner for example) but that D-line and their LBs are good enough to get the job done and help the O. Then, find a new QB of the future next year.

Hell, give up the future picks like the Redskins did with RGIII, and trade up for Marcus Mariota. Mariota is about 15 pounds of muscle off of having the exact same type of build as Kaepernick (as well as height), but better accuracy, especially on the run. His pass accuracy while scrambling is a thing of beauty. He has the legs to extend/make plays, and is smart with the ball. Rams have the D, they need to start winning more now, and giving up a bunch for Mariota, in my opinion, is the way to go. He is a special player that I can see performing well in the NFL in 1-2 years. Like I said, they really only need a game-manager anyway.. their D keeps them in many games, and they already have a good, young hard-nosed running back in Zac Stacy.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-28-2014 at 02:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »