Home

Buckeye Country CPU v CPU 2014 AA slider

This is a discussion on Buckeye Country CPU v CPU 2014 AA slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Buckeye Country CPU v CPU 2014 AA slider

AA CPU v CPU
Threshold 20
Normal

I tested this set for months and played several seasons with them. Decent set, but a lot of sacks and high completion percentages seem to be the issue with most sets. The left DE gets a ton more sacks because the qb's who scramble always take off to the right. Anyway, thought I would post them if anyone is interested.

Would love to get the completion percentage down a little without increasing sacks.

Hum/CPU
QBA. 10
PBK. 55
WRC. 40
RBA. 65
RBK. 25
PCOV. 95
INT. 35
RDEF. 15
TACK. 25
FG pwr. 40
FGAcc. 40
Ppwr. 50
PAC. 50
KO. 40

Penalties
Offsides 99
False Start 99
Holding 99
Face mask. 55
Off PI 50
Def. PI 99
Kr/pr int. 65
Clipping 53
Int grounding 99
Roughing passer 50
Roughing kicker 65
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Buckeye Country CPU v CPU 2014 AA slider

Also notice RB's get the pass dumped off to them quite a bit.

I noticed the play book you use can contribute to the types of passing plays. I noticed spread offense or multiple play offenses tend to use dump off plays to running backs more than other playbooks. Although using a pro type offense my last season played, I noticed my RB was the leading receiver, which was disappointing.

I think skillz pointed out in a thread that the coaching aggression sliders play a role in how often the QB passes down field. To offset the number of receptions my RB gets I dropped his catch rating. I am going to give this a shot.

Does anyone have other ideas for limiting the dump passes to backs?

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 08-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I know I'm digging this one up, but folks, this CPU vs CPU slider set is the TRUTH. Great, varied results. Defensive games, offensive shootouts. High completion percentages sometimes, sometimes very low. Some amazing rushing performances, and some that are in the toilet. Very active defenders. Interceptions when appropriate. QB's that have scrambling ability WILL scramble. I love them.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Buckeye, do you have any box scores that you can post with the default rosters with this slider set?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
Hey Buckeye, do you have any box scores that you can post with the default rosters with this slider set?
No, but I went back to these this week using penalties at default and QBA at 5 / WR cth at 45 / pass def at 50 to see if I could get my percentages down. I am on game 8 and can post my season totals. I am actually using some of your ideas.

How are your comp % with your set?

I played three seasons with the above settings and can post my season end stats.

I plan on testing yours more too.

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 01-13-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #6
Pro

I will play a couple games with these tomorrow night. I think I got away from them because of higher QB % and sacks. But, I don't think you can eliminate that issue completely. I will test them out again, it has been a while since I used them.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
No, but I went back to these this week using penalties at default and QBA at 5 / WR cth at 45 / pass def at 50 to see if I could get my percentages down. I am on game 8 and can post my season totals. I am actually using some of your ideas.

How are your comp % with your set?

I played three seasons with the above settings and can post my season end stats.

I plan on testing yours more too.
I made a few minor changes to my set and have run 7 games so far with the default rosters and the comp% is at 67%. And the actual completion percentage with those same 7 games in real life was at 59%.

I don't know if you noticed my comment in my other thread, but I gave up on focusing on comp% and just wanted to make sure that QBs are getting the proper yards, yards/att, and TDs, which my settings seems to be getting so far. Focusing on comp% messed up the other stats, so while you might have accurate comp% numbers, a 99 rated QB would end up with 3000 yards and only 15 TDs. I'd rather have the higher comp% and have the 99 rated QB end up with 25-30 TDs instead.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
I made a few minor changes to my set and have run 7 games so far with the default rosters and the comp% is at 67%. And the actual completion percentage with those same 7 games in real life was at 59%.

I don't know if you noticed my comment in my other thread, but I gave up on focusing on comp% and just wanted to make sure that QBs are getting the proper yards, yards/att, and TDs, which my settings seems to be getting so far. Focusing on comp% messed up the other stats, so while you might have accurate comp% numbers, a 99 rated QB would end up with 3000 yards and only 15 TDs. I'd rather have the higher comp% and have the 99 rated QB end up with 25-30 TDs instead.
This is a frustrating game. The Qb ratings don't really matter in this game either. I had a decent set where both accuracy and rushing totals looked good but the OL was driving the DL off the line by three yards and the spread teams ran wild.

My goal for this set was to seperate the good from the great running backs while trying to get accurate Qb numbers. I think the int grounding slider affects a lot in this game regarding throw aways, deep balls, and sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »