Home

Creating a unique player...

This is a discussion on Creating a unique player... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1
Creating a unique player...

Playing MLB 13. Through the years and different RTTS campaigns, I've noticed that every single position player I create ends up being a speedster with power. Which is cool but it gets old. I decided I wanted to create a OF speedster that hits like Tony Gwynn mixed with Ichiro. I wanted to ignore power completely. My pwr ratings are around 15. I'm in my third season and still in the minors which I love! Problem is that my advancement goals keep including upgrading my power! How do I avoid getting benched? Has this been an issue for anybody else? I don't like that the game forces every player to become a speedy power hitter. I guess this was more of a rant than anything... Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Creating a unique player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86
Playing MLB 13. Through the years and different RTTS campaigns, I've noticed that every single position player I create ends up being a speedster with power. Which is cool but it gets old. I decided I wanted to create a OF speedster that hits like Tony Gwynn mixed with Ichiro. I wanted to ignore power completely. My pwr ratings are around 15. I'm in my third season and still in the minors which I love! Problem is that my advancement goals keep including upgrading my power! How do I avoid getting benched? Has this been an issue for anybody else? I don't like that the game forces every player to become a speedy power hitter. I guess this was more of a rant than anything... Thanks.

You have to meet the goals in order for you to not get benched unfortunately.
I didn't like RTTS as much before MLB TS 14 because of the advancement goals. Now in 14 they took the goals away and you can just do what you want, which is great.
For 13, I don't believe there is a workaround, you just have to complete the goals
Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86
One little tip to keep in mind. In a given training period: you don't have to complete EVERY goal. You just have to complete more than half.

So if there are four goals, you just have to complete three. If there are five, three is still good.

Therefore, all you really have to do is avoid the power goals when they pop up and concentrate on the others.

Also, you really don't face any trouble until you go at least three training periods without meeting enough of the goals.

Now, the only problem arrives when they expect you to hit __ HR in the next 3 series or whatever. (Personally, I hate the thought of a manager telling a player, "you have to hit X number of home runs in the next six weeks or I'm demoting you!" Never mind that the guy just might drive in the most runs in the league during that time or maybe he leads the league in walks, but whatever.)

But take those things under advisement and see how it does for you!

Old 07-30-2014, 04:09 AM   #4
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for tips guys! I've been doing exactly what you said. Only problem is that sometimes there's only 2 goals and they're both power. I usually just skip it and get the failed goals notice. I wait until there's an advancement period where they have two goals on the field and try to pass them. Yeah, it's hard when they ask you to BB or hit HRs. Then I'm forced to upgrade at least one of my power ratings. I guess I'll just swing with circle and X and avoid the square button. Thanks again!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Upgrade to 14 and you don't have to worry about them goals. It makes RTTS so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »