Home

Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

This is a discussion on Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

Game play footage seems very lean, where is it? Seems suspicious.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Game play footage seems very lean, where is it? Seems suspicious.
Yeah Madden has had more footage and seems proud of their product and are doing the player ratings, blogs, live steams etc.

It's time to show your product. Enough pictures and flashy trailers that show 20 seconds of gameplay.

I'm excited for this game, but let's see some gameplay.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Rookie

GamerDad4's Arena

OVR: 0

With 3 sports titles releasing within a month (Madden, FIFA, NHL), this has always been a problem for EA. They don't want any of the titles stepping on each others toes.

NHL will always suffer because it is the last of the 3 titles to be released. You'll probably see much more info and videos once Madden is released. EA will focus on Madden (for now), because it will be their first title on the shelves.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Yeah Madden has had more footage and seems proud of their product and are doing the player ratings, blogs, live steams etc.

It's time to show your product. Enough pictures and flashy trailers that show 20 seconds of gameplay.

Unfortunately. for the past years this is the "norm" for EA's NHL team. I should be feeling so excited about this game just like the next gen version of NBA 2k14 and MLB-TS prior to its release but somehow I am not excited about it. And this is sad because NHL is my favorite sport game
Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, I certainly do not get this (the lack of game play footage), there is one month left, how about building some hype? Is it because of Madden? Is it because the actual game play lacking? What is the issue here? Yes this only speculation by me but that is what happens eventually when there is a suspicious lack of it.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Well, when all they have worked on is the presentation and graphics, all they want to show are those. Don't worry, there should be a new arena and player face any day now.

Look at how quickly they tried to pull the stuff from E3. Also look at how tight lipped the NDA has been this year. Remember the days when we had game news and videos in May with the community days, all the developer diaries and game play videos.

You can bet that nothing has changed gameplay wise from last year, with only the puck physics now added (good or bad).
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

The AI is still as horrific as ever, so they are afraid to show it off and reveal that the only "improvements" to the game are graphics, and new announcers (I literally couldn't care less about the announcers).
Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt

Madden also ships in a bout 2 weeks. They do the same thing every year with marketing sports games, Sony, 2k, EA, why people are shocked that they aren't showing full clips of gameplay 2 months before the game is out still astounds the hell out of me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »