Home

Triangle Offense Enthusiats

This is a discussion on Triangle Offense Enthusiats within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Triangle Offense Enthusiats

With the return of the triangle offense in New York and Golden State, I felt inspired to put together a few video clips of how to run the triangle offense in 2K14. Unfortunately, there isn't an actual play that will always run the play in its true form. That said, with these three plays you can still get the most of the key options.

First, I'd like to link you to a video recently put together to give you an idea on how the offense works.

We can get most plays to work the same, except the reverse post play (pass to weak side entry) because there isn't a play that creates the movement in applicable time.

96 Bulls 12 Swing Post
This is the base of the offense. The key to calling this play is it gives you the right cuts after making pass to the center. Also let's you run 3 of the options

Option 1 - entry to post IMMEDIATELY CALL QUICK ISO
1)hit the Wing cutting to basket
2)hit the baseline cutting to basket
3)take defender one on one with post player

Option 2 - pass to corner
1)shoot if wide open
2)call pick and roll
3)call pick and pop

Option 3 - pass to top
1)call pick and roll
2)call pick and pop
3)feed the ISO player and take defender one on one

WIDE FIST OUT 24

This play allows me to get the two man game going while also generating the double screen on the strong side. Let the player you clear out first before you make the pass to the pinch post.

Options
1)pick and pop with pinch post player
2)shoot with cutter if open
3)pass to player coming off double screen
4)take defender one on one from pinch post

1-4 DUECE TREY

Finally I call this play when I'm having a hard time making passes because of physical defense. It allows me to generate the same options as the first two plays. This play seems to generate the best post position for my big man to go to work. Also the triangle is generated on both sides because the weak side guard will fill either corner randomly.

KEYS TO THE PLAY IS TO RUN RIGHT TO THE WING WITH YOUR PG. NEVER MAKE THE PASS TO THE POWER FORWARD.

IF YOU PASS TO THE POST PLAYER ON YHE SIDE OF THE TRIANGLE ALWAYS CALL QUICK ISO TO GENERATE CUTS

options
1)pass to player coming off screen, feed post
2)pass to player coming off screen, shoot if open
3)pass to player coming off scren, pick and roll/pop with big man
4)pass to player in the corner, shoot if open
5)pass to player in the corner, run pick and roll/pop
6)pass to strong side post player, hit cutters
7)pass to strong side post, ISO defender

Hope you enjoyed it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Triangle Offense Enthusiats

Kerr will be running the triangle in GS too ?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I don't think Kerr is going to be running the true triangle, but just utilizing some of the key principles in his offense.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Based on what he was doing in summer league, it looks like he'll be running triangle sets and spurs motion offense.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks you for the video!! I knew that triangle were in nba 2k14 but it still missing a lot of them.

I created a video only about backdoor step.

http://youtu.be/wxsmT7vZtVo

This is the big big triangle that is missing in nba 2k since Jordan has benn in a nba 2k!!!

Bit the size cpurt is bigger in reality it is sure so it is more easy in real life.
In the game, there are colision between teammate or defender can pass the lane easily and get the ball.
We need a bigger size court.

And of course i hope that classics bulls playbook will be improved because it havn't change since 4 years. I hope too phil jackson will coach again classic bulls!!

I r emember in 2k12, a high post priority for Rodman, but no play in while in the video we can see that he keep going on the high post to ask the ball.

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 07-31-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
With the return of the triangle offense in New York and Golden State, I felt inspired to put together a few video clips of how to run the triangle offense in 2K14. Unfortunately, there isn't an actual play that will always run the play in its true form. That said, with these three plays you can still get the most of the key options.

First, I'd like to link you to a video recently put together to give you an idea on how the offense works.

We can get most plays to work the same, except the reverse post play (pass to weak side entry) because there isn't a play that creates the movement in applicable time.

96 Bulls 12 Swing Post
This is the base of the offense. The key to calling this play is it gives you the right cuts after making pass to the center. Also let's you run 3 of the options

Option 1 - entry to post IMMEDIATELY CALL QUICK ISO
1)hit the Wing cutting to basket
2)hit the baseline cutting to basket
3)take defender one on one with post player

Option 2 - pass to corner
1)shoot if wide open
2)call pick and roll
3)call pick and pop

Option 3 - pass to top
1)call pick and roll
2)call pick and pop
3)feed the ISO player and take defender one on one

WIDE FIST OUT 24

This play allows me to get the two man game going while also generating the double screen on the strong side. Let the player you clear out first before you make the pass to the pinch post.

Options
1)pick and pop with pinch post player
2)shoot with cutter if open
3)pass to player coming off double screen
4)take defender one on one from pinch post

1-4 DUECE TREY

Finally I call this play when I'm having a hard time making passes because of physical defense. It allows me to generate the same options as the first two plays. This play seems to generate the best post position for my big man to go to work. Also the triangle is generated on both sides because the weak side guard will fill either corner randomly.

KEYS TO THE PLAY IS TO RUN RIGHT TO THE WING WITH YOUR PG. NEVER MAKE THE PASS TO THE POWER FORWARD.

IF YOU PASS TO THE POST PLAYER ON YHE SIDE OF THE TRIANGLE ALWAYS CALL QUICK ISO TO GENERATE CUTS

options
1)pass to player coming off screen, feed post
2)pass to player coming off screen, shoot if open
3)pass to player coming off scren, pick and roll/pop with big man
4)pass to player in the corner, shoot if open
5)pass to player in the corner, run pick and roll/pop
6)pass to strong side post player, hit cutters
7)pass to strong side post, ISO defender

Hope you enjoyed it!
Are any of these plays in the knicks playbook
Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I understand that 2k is supposed to be a simulation basketball but the more that I watch these videos of 2k14 compared to the real Nba game, the more i realize truly how far from playing true simulation basketball it really is. The animations that players kept getting stuck and sucked into just doesn't make it look like true NBA basketball at all which is truly a shame.

I always enjoyed 2k basketball but watching this video shows how much further they really need to go in order to get this game to simulate the authentic play style of the Nba.

They need to find a way to make play calling deal with sets when it comes to this style of play because this offense is not really based on getting a specific play to get a specific player the basketball but its based on what the defense is giving you and then taking advantage of it.

However here in 2k it seems like the defense was just pushed all over the place because of weird animations and not because they wanted to stop the ball from getting in the basket and as a result it caused easy wide open shots. You constantly have players doing swim moves on the air like someone is standing there while there player just runs right past them but not once do i see that in the video you provided of the real nba game.

2k has a LONG WAY to go!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:12 AM   #8
Rookie

i really think that size court is too small. it is one of the biggest issue of the game to applied triangle offense.

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 08-03-2014 at 05:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »