Home

CBs and Pursuit

This is a discussion on CBs and Pursuit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CBs and Pursuit

Just finished a game with my buddy and his CBs were glued to my WRs all game. I'm talking no separation whatsoever. I eventually turned to my running game every play, almost. My buddy even noticed it and as we like to help each other out and get better, we tried to figure it out. He swears by the Pursuit rating. He said he's been building up their pursuit (Online CCM) and its made all the difference. Comparing our CBs that's the one rating that is very different, my CBs Pursuit range 60-70 and his range 80-90. I have a WR with 97+ route running, agility and awr, but he could not separate on any route.

Is this well known? I have spent almost No time building the Pursuit for my CBs, but I will now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CBs and Pursuit

Update: I went into practice mode and tested 2 CBs with edited attributes, they had identical attributes except for Pursuit. One had 60 and the other 90. The difference in their Man Coverage and ability to turn, run and stick with their man was significant.

Makes me wonder if Pursuit is connected to MCV and maybe Play Recognition is more of a ZCV aid. I might test that tonight.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think this jives with what I've experienced.

I managed to bump up Teddy Williams (who has incredible speed) so he had 85 MCV / 85 ZCV / 85 PRS / 85 AWR / 85 PRC. I originally left him at 80 PUR (like I did most of my CBs and Safeties, thinking the PUR stat relatively unimportant).

I decided to bump up his PUR stat when I had some extra XP, and noticed his OVR quickly shoot up a couple of points.

Given that you actually took a look at this, I'm inclined to believe that the PUR stat complements the MCV stat, much like the STR stat complements the TRK stat.

I usually keep PRC high just to avoid having my defenders suckered by play-action, as well as being quick to diagnose the run so that they start screaming to the ball and stop the runner at or behind the line of scrimmage. The way I play defense to stop the run, I try to field CBs that have solid hit power and can knock the ball loose by themselves.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Speed kills like Madden use to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »