Home

Post Your Recruiting Class

This is a discussion on Post Your Recruiting Class within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4
Post Your Recruiting Class

I think this thread could be a great complement to the "How Is Your Dynasty Going Thread?". Feel free to post your entire recruiting class using one of the table generators, or just a few of the noteworthy recruits you brought in.

I think that it's interesting to see what sort of gems people sign with lower prestige school; with a lot of people also using house rules with recruiting I am interested to see how well they do in recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

Re: Post Your Recruiting Class

I'll go first. I've played three seasons so far as Eric Crouch, and began as offensive coordinator at Ohio. I believe they were 1* prestige when I started out. Since I'm recapping I'll just put the highlights of my first three classes.

2013 Season - Ohio - #56 Class (25 recruits)
Fit in a whole 25 recruits, because I desperately needed talent. I initially went after players interested in my school; after a few weeks I began to scour for players who were either highly rated JUCO's, or for players with super fast 40 times. I care less about OVR than I do about actual talent. My team needed speed more than anything. This was a really good class to build upon in future years.

Nick Johnson - 2* QB (#101) - 6'2 190 - 69 OVR
Proof that there is some gems hidden out there, 69 OVR for the #101 QB doesn't get much better. Johnson didn't have great arm strength coming out, but had 84 SPD which was perfect for my offense.

Danny Harrell - 3* DE (#113 JUCO) - 6'2 225 - 81 OVR
Ohio was incredibly lacking in talent so I signed a lot of JUCO players who could play right away. Harrell had great physical stats: 84 SPD/86 ACC and good pass rush stats as well. 4.0 sacks in his first season, but had 7.5 in his final year with us. I had signed two other JUCO DE's in this class (78 & 76 OVR), but they didn't produce as much as Harrell.

Clint Smith 3* ATH (#80 JUCO) - 6'3 208 - 78 OVR
I consider Clint Smith the headliner of this class. I got in on his recruiting late, but no one else was after him. I'd end up putting him at QB, where his overall would jump to 82. 85 SPD/87 ACC/87 THP/ 82 THA should have made him a stud in the MAC, but for some reason I couldn't really put it together with this guy. Finished his Ohio career with 25 TD's and 23 INT's, but he did run for 2,500 yards in his two years here.

2014 Season - Ohio - #94 Class (15 recruits)
25 recruits the season before meant this class would be smaller. Focused less on JUCO players, but still maintained my focus on bringing in the fastest players possible.

David Dobzinski - 3* QB (#32) - 6'1 198 - 69 OVR
Couldn't pass on this guy despite signing Nick Johnson the year before. He was slower (77 SPD), but came in with a really high break tackler (84 BTK) and had better throwing stats. Will be interesting to see how the QB battle unfolds at Ohio.

Derek Walton - 3* WR (#129 JUCO) - 6' 178 - 79 OVR
Wide receiver was a position of need in this recruiting cycle, and in my Malzahn offense I prefer bigger possession receivers, but I couldn't say no to Walton. He had 94 SPD and 80 CTH ratings, and had ability to play in the slot and outside. Put up only 305 Yds. and 1 TD in his first season though.

Pat Gillett - 2* OT (#135 JUCO) - 6'5 307 - 81 OVR
Gillett wasn't a need signing, I just picked him up because of his high OVR and potential to backup all 5 positions on the O-line. Didn't play much in his first year here, but that's because of the existing talent I had mostly.

Ryan Thompson - 3* OG (#65) - 6'3 271 - 76 OVR
It's players like this who make me wonder about the ratings engine for recruits. This guy comes in at 76 OVR, and he had 70 SPD/90 ACC which is insane for an offensive lineman. Yeah, he needs to bulk up, but for a team like Ohio he is going to be an absolute stud two or three years down the road.

2015 Season - Oklahoma - #2 Class (20 recruits)
I have to note that I started off 2015 still at Ohio, but accepted the Oklahoma position following the end of the year. My 2015 class at Ohio was shaping up nicely. I had a 72 OVR QB signed, and some quality offensive linemen. But the class I helped secure at Oklahoma was just crazy. More talent than I know what to do with! 14 of the 20 players signed are rated in the 70's OVR, and the other 6 are in the high 60's.

Robert Robinson - 4* OT (#8) - 6'7 302 - 75 OVR
John East - 4* OG (#6) - 6'4 309 - 78 OVR
Daniel Garcia - 4* OG (#7) - 6'1 308 - 75 OVR
John Ford - 3* OG (#13) - 6'2 306 - 79 OVR
The highlight of this class is no doubt the offensive line. These are the top four guys coming in, but there's four more offensive linemen that I didn't list. I shouldn't have to recruit o-line for a couple years because of the talent in this class. My Malzahn offense should be scary good in a season or two with talented maulers like this.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm with Nevada University a two star prestige. I use house rules for recruiting. Limit of five 3 star signees and unlimited 1 & 2 star signees. I may not recruit and sign a 4 or 5 star recruit with a two star prestige school...even if they are interested in my school. I'm a ways from finishing the first season as HC of Nevada but will post my first recruiting class when its set.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 07-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

OVR: 0

week 8 of my second season at Carolina, I have 8 commits and the highlights are...

Jared Pratt 5* 78 overall WR

Greg Burton 4* G

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore, favorite place on land

Ocracoke, favorite place island in the world and I'm going in a week from today [June 15]
Old 08-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

Just wrapped up my first season as the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma. It's insane deciding how much talent I want to bring in. Literally get to choose the cream of the crop.

2016 Season - Oklahoma - #2 Class (18 Recruits)
I think I would have had the #1 class if I had signed closer to 25 recruits but I didn't have the room or need for that many guys. Still, 4 5* and 10 4* recruits means I brought in some serious talent.

Brian Thomas - 5* RB (#3) - 6'2 215 - 77 OVR
Joe House - 5* RB (#5) - 5'11 198 - 76 OVR
Stevie Snyder - 4* RB (#26) - 5'11 198 - 75 OVR

My top two RB's were seniors, backed by two sophomores, so I needed some fresh legs. Might as well get the best I could. Thomas and House are power backs with really high break tackle ratings, and Stevie Snyder is a home run threat with 95 SPD. They will all play from Day One.

John Lacey - 4* WR (#49) - 6'5 200 - 77 OVR
No idea how this guy was the #49 ranked receiver. He has average SPD at 86, but his catch ratings are insane. Route Running, Spectacular Catch, Catch In Traffic, and Release are all 85+. Going to be a stud.

David Mathis - 4* CB (#3) - 6' 171 - 78 OVR
Blake Miller - 3* CB (#15) - 6' 184 - 79 OVR
Eugene Oliver - 5* FS (#1) - 6'4 214 - 81 OVR
Robbie Battle - 4* FS (#3) - 6'1 182 - 78 OVR
Eric Howard - 3* SS (#14) - 6' 199 - 76 OVR

The defensive back talent coming in is absolutely insane. The cornerbacks are so fast, Eugene Oliver is basically a linebacker with 96 SPD and 80+ coverage ratings, and Battle and Howard will hopefully progress well. Might have to switch to a 4-2-5 just to get them all on the field!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

2013-2014 USF 3*
Had the 15th ranked class and brought in 21 recruits. A few prospects I found interesting below.
5* #2 QB Jon Blount 79 ovr
Centerpiece of this recruiting class, a bit of a shock that I was able to bring him in since I only began pursuing him in week 14. No clue why he wasn't pursued by anyone up until the very end but should help create a strong offensive core for years to come.
3* #33 CB Michael Washington 74 ovr
One of the two big, athletic corners that I targeted from the beginning and had to fend off late surges from the SEC schools. Probably the better of the two and the one I was able to hold onto.
1* #207 CB Justin McAfee 69 ovr
Not necessarily a surprise, but no real competition for him. A smaller corner, and a bit rough around the edges, but very quick and agile and with enough upside to warrant a scholarship.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghalnan
2013-2014 USF 3*
Had the 15th ranked class and brought in 21 recruits. A few prospects I found interesting below.
5* #2 QB Jon Blount 79 ovr
Centerpiece of this recruiting class, a bit of a shock that I was able to bring him in since I only began pursuing him in week 14. No clue why he wasn't pursued by anyone up until the very end but should help create a strong offensive core for years to come.
3* #33 CB Michael Washington 74 ovr
One of the two big, athletic corners that I targeted from the beginning and had to fend off late surges from the SEC schools. Probably the better of the two and the one I was able to hold onto.
1* #207 CB Justin McAfee 69 ovr
Not necessarily a surprise, but no real competition for him. A smaller corner, and a bit rough around the edges, but very quick and agile and with enough upside to warrant a scholarship.
It's interesting how there is always one or two 5 star guys who go unrecruited. But good pickup on the 1* CB. I think finding those one and two star gems is almost just as awesome as pulling in a 5 star recruit
Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

Second season at Oklahoma as in the books, and my recruiting class is super small. Didn't have a lot of needs first of all, but also didn't have a lot of guys super interested in my program. Still found some winners though.

2017 Season - Oklahoma - #9 Class (12 Recruits)
Kind of crazy that 12 recruits still ranked as the #9 class, I signed 2 5* guys so maybe that helped.

John Washington - 5* DE (#2) - 6'2 262 - 78 OVR
George Faulk - 4* DE (#16) - 6'1 225 - 77 OVR
Mike Carter - 4* OLB (#14) - 6'2 243 - 80 OVR
Jeremy Moore - 3* MLB (#26) - 5'11 232 - 78 OVR

The front 7 was my main focus in this recruiting cycle and these four guys are all studs. I have some decent upperclassmen depth so they will all redshirt, but they'll be challenging for playing time in a year. My defense has been Top 15 each of my two seasons in Norman, but I want it to be Top 10, and the front 7 is where it starts.

Jonathan Stewart - 3* FB (#2) - 5'10 222
I think this might be one of my favorite recruits, ever. Dude is literally a fullback with running back stats; 86 SPD, 80+ break tackle/trucking/elusiveness ratings, and also 70+ PBK/RBK/IBL. I think he is literally going to be a wrecking ball, and I'm trying to think of all the ways I can use him.

Last edited by pirateraider; 08-22-2014 at 12:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »