Home

2 playoff issues

This is a discussion on 2 playoff issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
2 playoff issues

I have two small issues with the playoffs. The first is the DL (as this was a problem last year). I had Ike Davis injured and became eligible to come off DL during a series and was fully healed. After the series, they said since I wasn't eliminated, I could reinstate him. I went to the manage roster screen and he was active. My list said 26/25. I chose to deactivate Lambo (the call up) and it says to choose someone to replace him and I chose Davis. It said Davis was already active. I went to the lineup menu and Ike wasn't a choice even on the bench. It was like he was missing. I played the game and even though I had "26" active men, it gave me no error to fix the lineup and it was like Ike was still on the DL and he was just missing.

The other issue I have is pitcher stamina. Strasburg pitched the wildcard round (8 innings) and two days later, they used him against me in game 1. He had full stamina and went 7 innings. I won Game 1 and 2, so they went with him for game 3. I can see and understand the desperation move, but he again had full stamina. I put it on quick counts (to raise his pitch counts and I'm a bit of a hacker) and he still went 7 while my rested guy went about the same and was dead tired on 90 some pitches (in the quick count game as well as the regular game).

Not major issues, but I was wondering if the DL is a glitch and the stamina was a bit of CPU cheese or maybe just not adjusted properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2 playoff issues

I had both of these issues come up in my franchise. I face Felix Hernandez twice in 5 games games 1 and 3 but I counted and he had 5 days of rest so he was fully rested so I wasn't too shocked to see the CPU be smart enough to use its best pitcher every 5th day.

Actually led me to change my roatation to make sure my ace pitched every 5th day.

As for the DL question I wish there was a work around, I could of used my all star 2B in the playoffs but I couldn't and he got off the DL the day before I had the first playoff game but was stuck on the DL.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »