Home

Are People Losing Interest Already?

This is a discussion on Are People Losing Interest Already? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Are People Losing Interest Already?

As I type this there are 6 ppl in this forum. Ive only had a handfull of fights the last 3 weeks. Find the ground game somewhat repetitive and just a transition race. That and similar move sets has it feeling stale already. Curious what others think.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Are People Losing Interest Already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
As I type this there are 6 ppl in this forum. Ive only had a handfull of fights the last 3 weeks. Find the ground game somewhat repetitive and just a transition race. That and similar move sets has it feeling stale already. Curious what others think.....
This happens with every UFC game at OS. With UFC 3 after the first month, there was a huge dropoff from the number of people who played the game at release. Same thing is happening here.

There arent a ton of MMA fans at OS in general either. Its pretty much the same 10 guys talking about UFC fights (including myself). Add to the fact that the game isnt great...this was expected.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This happens with every UFC game at OS. With UFC 3 after the first month, there was a huge dropoff from the number of people who played the game at release. Same thing is happening here.

There arent a ton of MMA fans at OS in general either. Its pretty much the same 10 guys talking about UFC fights (including myself). Add to the fact that the game isnt great...this was expected.
Would you expect interest to drum up again when the first patch/roster update drops?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Would you expect interest to drum up again when the first patch/roster update drops?
Do you have any knowledge what would be in the patch? Can new gameplay animations be patched in? IE sprawl standing subs etc
Old 07-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been playing this game strictly online since it dropped. I've had near 400 fights online.

I'm about to play right now, so I definitely haven't lost interest, and i haven't even played career mode yet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
If its just a roster update....no. If its a full patch and it patches the things people are complaining about here (stamina/spamming issues), I think it will pick back up.

The key I think is that your team makes some significant changes before Madden drops in August. Hardcore MMA fans like me have no plans to trade in the game but casual fans (there are plenty here at OS) will probably look to trade in the game around August (when Madden drops) or Sept/Oct (when Fifa/NHL/NBA drop) if there isnt a reason to keep the game.

Another reason UFC 3 dropped off was because THQ kept promising a patch and it never came.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #7

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If its just a roster update....no. If its a full patch and it patches the things people are complaining about here (stamina/spamming issues), I think it will pick back up.

The key I think is that your team makes some significant changes before Madden drops in August. Hardcore MMA fans like me have no plans to trade in the game but casual fans (there are plenty here at OS) will probably look to trade in the game around August (when Madden drops) or Sept/Oct (when Fifa/NHL/NBA drop) if there isnt a reason to keep the game.

Another reason UFC 3 dropped off was because THQ kept promising a patch and it never came.
Interesting, never though of the trade-in for Madden factor.

Regardless, I hope that we release some info soon so I can come back and discuss the details. Until then we'll both just have to wait.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #8

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Do you have any knowledge what would be in the patch? Can new gameplay animations be patched in? IE sprawl standing subs etc
I have full knowledge of what will be in the patch as I did a lot of the work myself, but I cannot discuss the details until it's been officially announced.

Hopefully that happens soon.

I'm guessing no one was down at fight week in vegas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »