Home

Stanley Cup Celebration

This is a discussion on Stanley Cup Celebration within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Stanley Cup Celebration

Any chance this was touched this year? It's been pretty much the same since 2004. That's 10 going on 11 years. In my opinion, this NEEDS to be upgraded. It should be user controlled and it should last however long you want. There should be different buttons to kiss the cup, raise it in the air, skate around with it, pass it to a teammate, etc. Then when you're done celebrating and you decide to quit, the players should gather for a picture and it all ends.

The ultimate goal of every hockey player should be a very awesome scene... not something boring which makes you skip through it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Stanley Cup Celebration

No word on this, or much of anything yet. It is doubtful that this received any attention, however. Perhaps one day.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think there are many things of higher priority than stanley cup celebrations... when i win the cup i never even watch it. would rather them spend time on gameplay, improving gm mode, improving live the life, having updated commentary (which they are finally working on) the last thing i want them to do is sacrifice more important stuff for stanley cup celebrations
Old 07-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtroom
i think there are many things of higher priority than stanley cup celebrations... when i win the cup i never even watch it. would rather them spend time on gameplay, improving gm mode, improving live the life, having updated commentary (which they are finally working on) the last thing i want them to do is sacrifice more important stuff for stanley cup celebrations
I beg to disagree....SC celebrations must be one of their priorities...... what they are doing is wasting the much needed resources on shirt-puck interactions....19,000 fans that you really pay much attention to it.

I agree that those you mentioned such as game play and improvements in modes must be in their top lists as well. If they did not change any of the modes and gameplay....the hell with NHL 15.....and i really hope that NHL 15 will be the big failure and RAMJ and other top executives of NHL department be dismissed in this project.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Calm down, everyone. This is not an area that would take resources away from the gameplay or other aspects of the game. This is handled by a different department and doesn't affect anything else that is being mentioned.

You can have your cake and eat it too. It's just whether or not they have the desire and resources to work on a feature that isn't seen often in the game. I'm sure if you put it on their radar that it is getting stale they will take a look at what they can do with it in time. Regardless, working on this won't take resources away from physics or other gameplay areas from what EA has explained to me in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 02:36 AM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Calm down, everyone. This is not an area that would take resources away from the gameplay or other aspects of the game. This is handled by a different department and doesn't affect anything else that is being mentioned.

You can have your cake and eat it too. It's just whether or not they have the desire and resources to work on a feature that isn't seen often in the game. I'm sure if you put it on their radar that it is getting stale they will take a look at what they can do with it in time. Regardless, working on this won't take resources away from physics or other gameplay areas from what EA has explained to me in the past.
There is ALWAYS an opportunity cost.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:49 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I beg to disagree....SC celebrations must be one of their priorities...... what they are doing is wasting the much needed resources on shirt-puck interactions....19,000 fans that you really pay much attention to it.

I agree that those you mentioned such as game play and improvements in modes must be in their top lists as well. If they did not change any of the modes and gameplay....the hell with NHL 15.....and i really hope that NHL 15 will be the big failure and RAMJ and other top executives of NHL department be dismissed in this project.

well the shirt/puck interaction adds more realism to the gameplay... and you say that "19,000 fans that you really pay much attention to it" kinda makes my point, a lot of people don't pay attention to stanley cup celebration lol
Old 07-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtroom
well the shirt/puck interaction adds more realism to the gameplay... and you say that "19,000 fans that you really pay much attention to it" kinda makes my point, a lot of people don't pay attention to stanley cup celebration lol
They probably don't pay attention because it's been terrible for the longest time, all they've done is add that random video on the ice.

Even if the cutscene doesn't change, hopefully with the new consoles they can at least have more than half the team celebrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »