Home

Anyone else hyped for Live 15?

This is a discussion on Anyone else hyped for Live 15? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anyone else hyped for Live 15?

Despite how bad Live 14 was, I can't wait to see some Live 15 news. The only news we've gotten with the graphics look great. If there's anything Live 14 got right, I think it was their game modes. Rising Stars reminds me of last-gen MyCAREER, which I preferred a lot more than PS4 MyCAREER, and Dynasty reminds me of The Association, which again, is better than MyGM. I didn't get the game, but from what I've seen, they look similar. 2K really screwed up so far on next-gen with VC and their terrible gameplay, so I'm hoping Live 15 is better than 2K15.

Last edited by Shade8780; 07-12-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anyone else hyped for Live 15?

I am really excited. I pre-ordered both games and the gamestop guy laughed at me . I just feel more in control in live. When I lose I don't feel cheated and know I was outplayed . When I win I feel excited that I made smart basketball decisions . I know the animations aren't there yet but

- steals seem more authentic
- rebounding isn't as random
-shots aren't as random
- defensive adjustments matter more
-mismatches matter more
- block is more about timing
- don't get as stuck in animations in this game
- I enjoy playing the CPU more . Don't feel as cheap(needs work tho)
- graphics much improved .
-I like the espn presentation

Not saying it's the better game but I enjoy because it focuses on fundamental basketball . Pretty animations are awesome but they got to be defendable and interrupt able . Can u tell I'm excited ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

another 2k complaint thread.... some of you guys need to stop using 2ks flaws as a crutch, especially since you don't list any of lives issues while trying to up-play this game. given that its the worse selling live game ever at under 200k on next gen, which is embarrassing given how mant nextgen systems sold combined.

this game has been apologized for so many times, EA stands for Everyone's Apologizing: from Sean O'Brien, Peter Moore, Riticollo... however you spell his name. Writing open dear john letters to gamers, cancellations etc...

its like your pride wont let you lists this games issues...stop blaming 2k for lives faults....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 07-12-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
another 2k complaint thread.... some of you guys need to stop using 2ks flaws as a crutch, especially since you don't list any of lives issues while trying to up-play this game. given that its the worse selling live game ever at under 200k on next gen, which is embarrassing given how mant nextgen systems sold combined.

this game has been apologized for so many times, EA stands for Everyone's Apologizing: from Sean O'Brien, Peter Moore, Riticollo... however you spell his name. Writing open dear john letters to gamers, cancellations etc...

its like your pride wont let you lists this games issues...stop blaming 2k for lives faults....
um...

Quote:
Despite how bad Live 14 was [...]
Yup...sure sounds like he couldn't find any faults in Live 14. In fact, everything he said he liked about Live 14 was because it was similar to previous 2ks. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
um...

Yup...sure sounds like he couldn't find any faults in Live 14. In fact, everything he said he liked about Live 14 was because it was similar to previous 2ks. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

rif... he didn't list 1 issue, yet brings up 2k on live forums...........rif. the bolded part.... it went over your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 07-12-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
rif... he didn't list 1 issue, yet brings up 2k on live forums...........rif. the bolded part.... it went over your head...
Maybe because I've never played Live, but from gameplay I've seen, I would've spent too long saying all it's issues. Tbh, both games were disappointing, but 2K14 on PS4 has been my least played 2K since I started getting them with 2K11. I didn't expect anything from Live 14 anyway, so of course I'm more disappointed with 2K.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Despite how bad Live 14 was, I can't wait to see some Live 15 news. The only news we've gotten with the graphics leat. If there's anything Live 14 got right, I think it was their game modes. Rising Stars reminds me of last-gen MyCAREER, which I preferred a lot more than PS4 MyCAREER, and Dynasty reminds me of The Association, which again, is better than MyGM. I didn't get the game, but from what I've seen, they look similar. 2K really screwed up so far on next-gen with VC and their terrible gameplay, so I'm hoping Live 15 is better than 2K15.
Hate bring down your excitement but dynasty mode wasn't good! The only thing Iliked about it was "player ccomparison" when drafting a player. Search for dynasty thread and you will see the list of things that make that mode unplayable!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am excited or hyped for Live. But, I am looking forward to how EA responds in year 2 after acknowledging themselves just how bad Live 14 was. It's put up or shut up time. If they don't get it together this year, I think Live will fold permanently. 2K slipped a bit last year though. And that has opened the door for a Live purchase should they continue with the VC grab and not allow me my local saves. I won't purchase junk, though. If Live comes with the same effort as last year, forget it! But if they get it together and show me solid improvement BEFORE launch, I sould definitely preorder and buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »