Home

You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here!

This is a discussion on You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here!

Now, I know we have a wishlist thread, but that's not what this is devs, so please don't close this thread.

I want to love 2K basketball again, I really do. But after this years Next Gen debacle, I refuse to buy another 2K basketball until they can get back to their roots and focus on making a completely sim game.

So here's what I want. All the hardcore gameplay guys, the Association guys, the MyCareer guys, hell, even the online guys need to unite in this thread.

LD2K is willing to accept Google Doc files with our fixes in them. So what I'm proposing is we come together as a unit and really put our best foot forward to try and get one huge Google Doc together to send over to the 2K team.

PLEASE guys, let's keep this civil and somewhat organized. Don't let it get out of hand and get this thread closed. Please no NBA Live talk. Comparisons are okay if you feel it could help NBA 2K in some aspect, but please no blatant back and forth about the two games.

So, when posting an idea or fix, keep it organized. Start off by saying what you're talking about, what's wrong, and how you would fix it. No topic within the game is off limits. Let's show how dedicated we really can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here!

Ok this is just a quick write up but I think 2K needs to seriously consider overhauling the Signature Skill system.

I think alot of those skills that boosts ratings for players that already have high ratings in those specific areas need to be removed.

For example:

Finisher- Please just remove this. I don't see the purpose for players with already high dunk and layup ratings to get a skill that boosts their ability to make layups even further.

Pick Pocket- Same concept. Players like Patrick Beverly and Chris Paul who already have high steal ratings don't need to have their steal ratings boosted even further. Anyone that's ever played the Rockets or Clippers on Online Ranked games can attest to the abuse of the X/Square button when being guarded by Paul/Beverly.

Tenacious Rebounder- The rebounding in general is really broken in this game but why give players like Chandler/Love who already have high rebound ratings an even bigger advantage on the boards. Multiple times when playing the Bulls I've been at the mercy of Joakim Noah because he kills me on the offensive glass. You might say well he is a good rebounder but not when he's literally snatching rebounds out of my hands while not even being in position to grab them in the first place.

And yes I've been at the opposite end of the spectrum sitting back and laughing as the CPU Chandler snatched offensive rebounds right out my opponents hand. But like I said earlier rebounding in general needs to be fixed.

Sprite Posterizer- Just a pointless skill and just adds more cheese to a perfectly grilled Grilled Cheese Sandwich. A funny thing is I noticed that LeBron doesn't have this skill yet he still dunk over your entire team in traffic. I can just wonder what happened if he had it on...

Dimer- I don't think it should increase your shot percentage. A pass from Chris Paul doesn't magically make your shot have a higher percentage of going in. This combined with Floor General is just insanity.

Flashy Passer- Flashy Passing just needs to be taken out and be based off of tendencies again.

One Man Fastbreak/LeBron Coast to Coast- Again another redundant skill because players like LeBron already have high speed ratings and are already hard to stop when they're turboing down the court on fastbreaks so why even give this to him?

This is just the tip of the iceberg lol. I have more to write up but I'll come back later on to type up some more. I hope 2K gets this.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

A couple of simple ones...

Quick Plays: We need the old option back where you could select the player for each quick play. So anyone can be told to post, come off screen, get open, etc.

Deffensive Settings: Bring the old system back where you could set strategies for each player via coaching settings. The POE was not specific enough.

Passing: Passes need to be much crisper. Actually, pass velocity/arc should be controlled by tapping/holding the pass button similar to throwing passes in Madden. As is, passes are too slow and allow defenses to recover too easily.

Last edited by BezO; 07-08-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Defense First !

-On-Ball defense should be improved no more sliding guarding ball handlers please.
-blocks make vertical ratings matter when going for blocks because right now it doesn't .
-defending alleys. Alleys should be so easy an automatic as they are. Let's see more box outs and tips from alleys.
-rebounding- should be more based on position. Right now it seems random.
- steals. Make it about timing and really hitting the ball. Sometimes there's a force field protecting it. Even when a steal happens remove the dumbfounded animation by the offensive player losing the ball.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

-Speed. They should do what Kaanyr Vhok did and make all the speeds based off 3/4 speeds from the combine. It seemed to me like that helped out with big men rotations on defense, and they don't lose stamina as quickly

-Vertical should be done with combine numbers too( unless there are workout measurements that are real). It should help big men get rebounds more since there verticals won't be in the 30's. It could help blocks to.

-Contact animations in the paint need to be fixed. It seems like they don't can't find a way to do them without it being a two player animation. Idk if I would like that all the time, so if you have another way use that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Rookie

crew mode, that's it.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The rebounding animations for players of 7 feet is completely messed up. In previous games no matter the height we all had the same rebounding animation but in 2k14 next gen chris paul does lebron james rebounding animations while shaq and david robinson struggle to grab boards because their animations are horrible. They jump to where they think the ball is going to go instead of where the ball actually is
Old 07-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

You guys do realize that they are probably nearly done with 15 at this point, and it likely waaaaaaaaay too late for them to act on any of the changes in here, even if they see an idea they like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »