Home

CPU logic in this game is majorly flawed

This is a discussion on CPU logic in this game is majorly flawed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU logic in this game is majorly flawed

Jut got done playing a game where the visitiors SP was left in to hit in the top of the 8th only to have a RP brought in in the bottom of the 8th. This kind of stuff needs to be cleaned up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: CPU logic in this game is majorly flawed

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports
Old 06-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
Jut got done playing a game where the visitiors SP was left in to hit in the top of the 8th only to have a RP brought in in the bottom of the 8th. This kind of stuff needs to be cleaned up.
Was it Travis Wood, Carlos Zambrano, or Micah Owings? If so, that's good logic.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Was it Travis Wood, Carlos Zambrano, or Micah Owings? If so, that's good logic.
Not only that, but what would the match-ups be like?? Were there only left-hand bats left to PH against a LHP or righty-on-righty match-ups?? Logic would still favor a right-vs-left matchup.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCaveman13
Not only that, but what would the match-ups be like?? Were there only left-hand bats left to PH against a LHP or righty-on-righty match-ups?? Logic would still favor a right-vs-left matchup.
I really doubt any team would elect to have a pitcher bat simply because they have a LHB/RHP or RHB/LHP matchup as any position player would have better odds of getting a hit over a pitcher regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I really doubt any team would elect to have a pitcher bat simply because they have a LHB/RHP or RHB/LHP matchup as any position player would have better odds of getting a hit over a pitcher regardless.
Generally, I would agree but there are some players who just have that big of an imbalance. Did see this happen a few years back when Randy Johnson was in a dominant run for the DBacks, being particularly nasty against lefties. However, I forget who the visitors were that game (I want to say the Rockies because their left-handed bats usually sat against Johnson) but they had pretty much all left-handed bats left on the bench so they left the pitcher in, hitting for himself since he was the only right-handed bat available.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCaveman13
Generally, I would agree but there are some players who just have that big of an imbalance. Did see this happen a few years back when Randy Johnson was in a dominant run for the DBacks, being particularly nasty against lefties. However, I forget who the visitors were that game (I want to say the Rockies because their left-handed bats usually sat against Johnson) but they had pretty much all left-handed bats left on the bench so they left the pitcher in, hitting for himself since he was the only right-handed bat available.
The odds of this being the case are highly unlikely. I understand that we all love this game and love to defend it, but you're digging pretty deep into an unlikely scenario to prove your point.

I have seen a pitcher hit and get subbed out right after plenty of times. Most recently it was a righty-righty matchup in a tie game with runners on. The pitcher grounded out to 2nd and was taken out to start the next inning. He was at 120 pitches as well. There were some decent hitters on the bench that had hit rating in the 50s, while the pitcher had his in the 10s and lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »