Home

TBFL MADDEN 15 on OS [XB1] Sign-ups: The Story is Everything

This is a discussion on TBFL MADDEN 15 on OS [XB1] Sign-ups: The Story is Everything within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1
TBFL MADDEN 15 on OS [XB1] Sign-ups: The Story is Everything

TBFL MADDEN 15 Franchise --On Operation Sports (XBOX ONE)

Hey everyone, I am looking to run an online franchise for the upcoming edition of Madden 15 on the Xbox One, and decided to get a head-start. Typically, TBFL Madden has always been an off-site venture of local friends who live in a city called Thunder Bay, but lately, interest has waned and I believe it is time to spread TBFL and run a league on Operation Sports. To that end, I am here today to explain why you should consider joining our franchise on OS.

TBFL Madden Franchise (On Xbox One) Features and Expectations:

- Players play as New Coaches, coaching a team with Firings on

- Players select teams based on a randomized list to start the franchise (Utilizing a job opportunities excel formula--explanation below)

- As Commissioner I will provide weekly or bi-weekly storyline posts in the form of newspaper articles complete with photos as much as possible

-Gameday weeks will be advanced on a 4-days basis(Unless we agree to a different approach)

- Sliders will shift and change as we learn the new game, suggest fixes and get better

-If a player fails to play his or her game within the agreed length, it will be simmed unless I was notified prior.

-All communication will take place on Operation Sports under this forum thread (or a separate one if OS deems it necessary)

-Users who sign up here and express their participation will then be run through the `Job Randomizer` and be given their list of teams willing to hire them. First person coming gets first shot. I will randomize my own once I have at least 4 others signed up.

-Players will respect one another and abide by general rules of respect both on and off the field

-Disputes and rule will be solved by league vote conducted on this Operation Sports thread in addition to commissioner having final say.

-Expect a slightly edited Custom roster (possibly with a few surprises)

-Twitch streaming is encouraged but optional

Projected Franchise Details:

Franchise Name: TBFL Madden OS (Pending)
System: Xbox One
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes (Pending)
Initial Slider Set: Custom and Evolving (Pending)
Roster: Custom (Pending)
User Amount: Up to 32, but can be smaller
Start Date: Launch Week or First Patch release

About Random Coaching Jobs:

Above, I mentioned that all users will generate the teams they will play based on a randomized list. This is true. It is also true that this list is tier based, and created in such a way that it is actually less likely for a user to be offered a job for a good team. It still happens, but it is a low percentage. What we are going for here is realism. No coach gets to choose the perfect spot. They may have a few offers, but it might not be what they hoped. Plus, starting with a team you might not normally get allows the challenge of trying to mould them in your image -- or get fired in the process and gain a fresh start. New players showing up in mid-franchise will get to choose from a list of struggling teams OR teams that have openings due to firing their previous coach, if a new player joins in the off-season. It may seem odd, but it really is a lot of fun. I would not play the franchise any other way. For what it's worth, I've attached a screen shot of the randomizing system I use to determine what job offers a user will get (The image is small):

An Example of my work

Earlier I mentioned that I will provide weekly or bi-weekly storyline posts. I do this because I love to write, it's a good use of my English Literature degree and because it gives great life to the league. Here are a few examples of my work from last season, including a photo article, and a pure text one:

Text Write up:
Quote:
The Giants defeated the Steelers today for their 10th straight victory, by a score of 24-17 but lead 17-0 at one point. New York lost its Franchise QB, Adam Braithwaite to a Abdominal tear in the 2nd quarter which forced Eli Manning to step in. Manning was mediocre at most, but was at the helm for the 17-0 lead, before being yanked for Nassib in a crass show of over-confidence by coach Jackson, who said he didn't feel it was necessary to continue to play Eli with the current lead, while they might use the opportunity to get Nassib some experience.

The nearly-offensive gamble of turning to a 3rd stringer for development in a 17-0 game nearly backfired as the Steelers climbed back to within a score. They could not close the gap, however.

The play of the game goes to Giants WR Mark Mariani who snagged a 44 yard TD, diving out to beat the coverage and snare an over the shoulder lob while floating in mid air before landing for the score.

Honorable mention goes to Cullen Jenkins' disgusting sack/fumble of Big Ben, after Jenkins' Helmet smashed into Roethisberger's left knee and sent him into a front flip from which he landed right on his head. Ben, in his characteristic toughness, was fine despite the grotesque contact to his knee and head.

In the Front Office, the Giants have announced that Braithwaite will miss the game against Baltimore with the aforementioned Abdominal Tear, but they are hopeful he will return before the post-season.

Further, in contract talks, all Giants players remain difficult catches, with WR Reuben Randle and 5 others electing to remain at the negotiation table, waiting for the Giants to up their offers. For Randle especially, the next few weeks will be critical as he works to return from injury in time for the playoffs, while his agent works to determine whether the suddenly-dominant Randle will play his ball in New York next year, or somwhere else.

For a team with Nelson, Nicks, and even the Welker-esque Mariani, Randle may be a luxury too pricey to justify...

About Me:

My name is Desalbert and I have run a madden online franchise since the mode was introduced on consoles. Before that, I played in a multi-user franchise with my own family for years. I love madden, simply put-- it's a passion for me, as is football. My longest venture in running TBFL Madden was on Madden 13, which lasted 9 seasons with a maximum of 12 players. It provided us with some of our best moments in gaming and a lot of our drafted (fake) players became household names between us. That's what I love about madden. The storylines make it worth the effort.

If all of this interests you, sign up with a comment below. Remember that this requires commitment, an Xbox One, and a willingness to abide by respect and the structure of the franchise.

UPDATE: We are officially welcoming new members to our league effective as soon as possible, and continue to search for active and committed users to join us. Post below!
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-19-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Rookie

jdawg26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TBFL MADDEN 15 on OS [XB1] Sign-ups: The Story is Everything

I'm interested!!! My gamertag is jmolinski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg26
I'm interested!!! My gamertag is jmolinski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great! thank you! That's one to the list-- need at least 3 more to give this a go. (I will also donate to OS to make this a hosted league with its own sub-forum once we have enough interest)
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Old 07-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #4
Rookie

im intereated my gamertag is iperrymarkz
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Interesting setup

I'm interested gt is priestmvp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #6
Just started!

interested in this league. GT is HOGRE is HUGE.

Texans are my squad but will run with anyone.

hmu
Old 07-26-2014, 03:25 AM   #7
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

This sounds interesting I am looking for a league to join from day one. Sinsinnatti3x XBL [email protected]
Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

im interested in a team, never been in an online league before, mostly because I can't trust people to play sim. gamer tag: Tconzz22514 email:
[email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »