Home

Recruiting on autopilot

This is a discussion on Recruiting on autopilot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting on autopilot

I'm really considering starting a new dynasty as an OC with more challenging sliders than what I worked with last time, but the one thing preventing me from doing so is the tedium of recruiting when 1/2 of the players you recruit you will never see play. I just don't have the heart to do it when recruiting is so simple and fun in my current dynasty. The games unfortunately are too easy, but I'd rather leave my old save game to be picked up another date than play on while changing schools.

Can I survive with the AI doing recruiting? Other than not having the ideal players, is there any other big downside? I've heard the AI is actually fairly reasonable at recruiting if let be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting on autopilot

The cpu ai for recruiting is sold but they tend to go after recruits that you would have no chance in getting. The better option is to set up your board and let the cpu spend the points. That way you have control over what is on the board and it eliminates the players the team has no shot in getting because you are so far behind.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I like to do the autopilot thing when I start as an OC/DC. I would set the player types you are looking for (Example: OL=Pass Blocking) or you will get players that don't really fit what you do. I would also look at the page where you can set the need of positions from "low", "medium", or "high" so the AI targets the positions of need. So if you have 1 QB on your roster for the following year I would set the QB need to "high" until you sign 2-3 then set it to low so you don't end up with 5 QB's in you class. I have done almost every time I start as an OC or DC to add challenge. It is real fun when you get players that don't fit you system but have to work them in.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

if you set it up right auto pilot works fine, in order to have the CPU use points you have to let them control the board. which means they will add and remove prospects as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:59 AM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

I am going to try this one season and see how it goes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Banned

I'm going to be honest just don't they made it so much easier this year man.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #7
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSoHardU
I'm going to be honest just don't they made it so much easier this year man.
i know it's easier. The point is to make it harder on myself. it's too easy to land some good 4 and 5 star guys for 1 star teams. I will recruit once i become the head coach, until then i will just coach the games and change depth chart for offense.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
i know it's easier. The point is to make it harder on myself. it's too easy to land some good 4 and 5 star guys for 1 star teams. I will recruit once i become the head coach, until then i will just coach the games and change depth chart for offense.

I was talking to the op lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »