Home

Who here decided to not buy 2k14?

This is a discussion on Who here decided to not buy 2k14? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Who here decided to not buy 2k14?

After the game came out, i read all the reviews, heard all the complaints, and even borrowed the game for a couple of weeks from a friend who had been out of town when the game first came out. I have to say that i was dissapointed, yet expected alot of the short comings in this years version of 2k, and decided to just not buy it.

For me a few things had to be corrected from 2k13 to 14 and i wouldve had a few complaints but ultimately woul've bought the game. Instead we got what we have now which is a completely revamped like mike the movie videogame version of mycareer(which is one of the few modes i play), even more vc(this is rediculous, people pay 60$ for this game, its not like its some app you download in the google play store), and a crew mode that wasn't even crew mode, along with even worse servers than were in the past. Seeing and playing this game on both gens, really left me dissapointed to the point of not purchasing.

Im a easy to please person, I understand that a absolute perfect game doesn't exist and will never exist. But honestly if at least 2 of the 4 issues i listed above would've been addressed properly, then i would have bought the game. Instead in some ways 2k14 is worse than 13, and it left me to finally put my foot down and just not purchase the game.

With all of this said, i will be looking forward to finding out information on 2k15, and i will be waiting to see if there are any improvements. But i will be cautiously waiting, because im prepared to skip another year of 2k if i have to. I don't know if im the only one here, but has anyone else just been so disapointed with this years 2k, that they just either skipped buying it this year, or refunded/exchanged the game? Because i personally never thought, i'd have to do that, but it was a little tough to stomach some the issues. Anything outside of regular quick match was a little tough for me to enjoy.

Last edited by OkayC; 06-18-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Who here decided to not buy 2k14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
After the game came out, i read all the reviews, heard all the complaints, and even borrowed the game for a couple of weeks from a friend who had been out of town when the game first came out. I have to say that i was dissapointed, yet expected alot of the short comings in this years version of 2k, and decided to just not buy it.

For me a few things had to be corrected from 2k13 to 14 and i wouldve had a few complaints but ultimately woul've bought the game. Instead we got what we have now which is a completely revamped like mike the movie videogame version of mycareer(which is one of the few modes i play), even more vc(this is rediculous, people pay 60$ for this game, its not like its some app you download in the google play store), and a crew mode that wasn't even crew mode, along with even worse servers than were in the past. Seeing and playing this game on both gens, really left me dissapointed to the point of not purchasing.

Im a easy to please person, I understand that a absolute perfect game doesn't exist and will never exist. But honestly if at least 2 of the 4 issues i listed above would've been addressed properly, then i would have bought the game. Instead in some ways 2k14 is worse than 13, and it left me to finally put my foot down and just not purchase the game.

With all of this said, i will be looking forward to finding out information on 2k15, and i will be waiting to see if there are any improvements. But i will be cautiously waiting, because im prepared to skip another year of 2k if i have to. I don't know if im the only one here, but has anyone else just been so disapointed with this years 2k, that they just either skipped buying it this year, or refunded/exchanged the game? Because i personally never thought, i'd have to do that, but it was a little tough to stomach some the issues. Anything outside of regular quick match was a little tough for me to enjoy.

8 months too late..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 06-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

The complaints on this game are so highly exaggerated. With all it's problems and half the options of previous games, I've never had as much fun with any other game. The gameplay is better than it ever has been.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
8 months too late..
not really, just wondering if theres anyone who had so many complaints that they actually didn't buy the game.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
The complaints on this game are so highly exaggerated. With all it's problems and half the options of previous games, I've never had as much fun with any other game. The gameplay is better than it ever has been.

^This.

There are definetely things that need improvement, but honestly if VC wasn't such an integral part of each mode now, I highly doubt there would be much complaining at all. I've thought about trading it in towards other games I'd like, since 2K15 is right around the corner, but I know then i'd get the urge to play some video game basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Rhys1218's Arena

A bit late to ask this, but the game isn't all that bad. But I don't play online, bit annoyed at MyGM instead of the normal association mode but still having a lot of fun with it! Not the best 2K but still good nonetheless!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I read the reviews, looked at the problems, played it at a friend's house first, and then ultimately decided to purchase the game. I've throughly enjoyed it, but that's probably because the biggest problems with the game didn't effect me.

1) I hate 1v1 online games.

2) Because I hate 1v1 online games, MyTeam has never interested me.

3) MyPlayer is a fun, fantasy game mode, but it's never something I've considered a realistic game mode. So I was fine with the movie elements of it. I'd actually like more of this kind of stuff, just as long as it's organic based on how you play. Not forcing outcomes on you to fit a scripted narrative.

Basically, the game came down to how good the gameplay was, and I've had a great time with the game on the court. Not perfect, but a hell of a foundation to build on for years to come. Now, I do like playing Team Up games, so not being able to play that mode with friends for a few weeks when I first got the game was pretty aggravating. But that was my only frustration-inducing problem with the game. This game is pretty much exactly what I expected. Being a launch title on a new console, I expected a number of problems. But none of them were game-breaking for me, and the gameplay was actually a little ahead of what I thought it might be.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I did not feel NBA 2K14 on current gen made enough strides beyond 2K13 to warrant a full-priced purchase. I played my brother's version for a short period of time but found myself feeling very disinterested, as if I was already worn out on the game and its stylings from playing it the entire year before.

Further, as someone waiting for a good reason to purchase a next generation console, I did not feel next-gen 2K14 fit the bill. I've heard very nice things about the on-court gameplay, but as a whole it did not sound like a product that should make me go out and spend $500 right this moment.

I skipped both (for the first time in 12 years).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »