Home

Why is myteam full of tryhard crybabies and cheaters?

This is a discussion on Why is myteam full of tryhard crybabies and cheaters? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why is myteam full of tryhard crybabies and cheaters?

Just played 3 games. First game i was playing against some kid named lilswitch on ps4. He kept pausing after every time i scored or he scored two minutes into the first. I kept telling him damn dude youre up just play. I was not cheesing, flopping, trying to steal or anything just playing. He didnt stop and i got annoyed and quit with the score 11-5 and he was up. It felt like one of those games 2k wants you to lose, anyways. I told him damn kid if you want the w so bad just unpaused it and i will give it to you. I just want to play the game with myteam and i dont care about the points or the rewards that i wont be using anyways. He unpaused and i quit.

Then i played another guy and the score was close in the second and he just drops after it lags. I win and i get the points. No biggie. Last game i played dolphin and i was up by a few points in the second quarter and he starts lagging the game and playing then it says opponent has left and i get the loss.

I am pretty sure most of these add-ridden ocd kids have some form of autism or bipolar disorder as well. Its just a game. Who cares if youre winning or losing and just play. Some of the best games are the close ones that ive won and lost in overtime/on a gamewinner. You are cheating me out of that experience which is why i buy this game. Thanks for that. Thats all folks.

Last edited by Harden26; 06-14-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Banned

Icon2 Re: Why is myteam full of tryhard crybabies and cheaters?

Its sad. Its like they want to be up by double digits all game or they wont play. Some of them are up by 5 and they act like they are losing. What is the big deal with losing anyways?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Why is myteam full of tryhard crybabies and cheaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harden26
Its sad. Its like they want to be up by double digits all game or they wont play. Some of them are up by 5 and they act like they are losing. What is the big deal with losing anyways?
Ball is life
Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Well I get being a tryhard I am very competitive when it comes to online games, however I don't cheese, pause, or quit.

I came back after being down 12 in the first and the guy left in the second when I cam within 2.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander_37
Well I get being a tryhard I am very competitive when it comes to online games, however I don't cheese, pause, or quit.

I came back after being down 12 in the first and the guy left in the second when I cam within 2.
The tryhard part is not what bothers me. Its the crybaby part. Just like what you said if they are not pausing and you come back from being down 10 to within 5 they start crying and like in your example they quit which happens to me to. That or they pause, lag, cheat, etc. basically they qq because they arent blowing you out from start to finish. I guess this game mode, along with myplayer brings that out. People hate losing so much that they want to assemble the best team or the best player.

The simple answer is to stay away from these modes, but quick game is good for a game or two, and mygm is boring so its hard to stay away from the top two game modes in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Im not even raging im just sad at this point. Just faced a guy who ran Lebron at point and penny when Lebron was on the bench and he did the same thing over and over. Run in the lane and dunk or hop step and get the bucket or a foul. I still managed to almost win playing real basketball and just trying to enjoy it.

It just isn't fun facing guys like that do you really have to try and win that badly you do the same bs moves over and over trying to get dunk animations.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander_37
Im not even raging im just sad at this point. Just faced a guy who ran Lebron at point and penny when Lebron was on the bench and he did the same thing over and over. Run in the lane and dunk or hop step and get the bucket or a foul. I still managed to almost win playing real basketball and just trying to enjoy it.

It just isn't fun facing guys like that do you really have to try and win that badly you do the same bs moves over and over trying to get dunk animations.
It is in every on line mode. In the park people just try to get wide open dunks and threes. Ball hogs and noobs everywhere. Myteam and myplayer are the two main game modes and the on line part is what makes them worth it because you can play with the specific team/player you built. The problem is people build them solely to cheese the entire game. I wish these guys did other things besides play 2k all day and cheese.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harden26
It is in every on line mode. In the park people just try to get wide open dunks and threes. Ball hogs and noobs everywhere. Myteam and myplayer are the two main game modes and the on line part is what makes them worth it because you can play with the specific team/player you built. The problem is people build them solely to cheese the entire game. I wish these guys did other things besides play 2k all day and cheese.
It seems like I get matched up with cheesers who aren't fun to play with, or people who rage quit after going down by 10. I went up 6 nothing in 2 minutes and a guy rage quit, he even had a good team too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »