Home

Who is the target audience now?

This is a discussion on Who is the target audience now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Who is the target audience now?

As a long time 2k player , I see 2k is definitely getting away from what made them the best in the first place. Simulation Gaming. Their community guys only promote myplayer and park modes with the occasional release of a nba pokemon card for the myteam people. They are re-tweeting every mycareer players highlight dunk but when the Online association servers are down for 3 days they tend to not give any updates. They got the YouTube guys only promoting created player modes with occasional myteam sprinkled in.
2k14 nextgen has a sorry excuse online league structure thats a slap in the face.

Does anyone player VS Ranked mode or OA anymore? These two modes arent raped by Virtual currency therefore aren't talked about! I can understand going to the 14 year olds who only play park and overcharging them for VC but damn 2k don't forget about us longtime players that just want a simple realistic NBA game.

Taking out the ability to run plays in practice mode, adding a tacted on OA nextgen mode that trash, making scoring way to easy in all game modes, having everyone posterized many times each game when it doesn't happen often in the real nba etc etc All of this shows me that they are going towards new direction.

The preorder bonus for 2k is a complete joke, you cut in-gameVC rewards most likey because people werent buy much from you, your community devs/managers are just plain missing from this website ( HEY MIKE WANG , REMEMBER WHEN YOU USED TO ASK THIS COMMUNITY QUESTIONS)

for me its just sad to see. Maybe its their popularity, maybe live set them up for this by releasing subpar games, maybe they think they are twitter celebrities and can do no wrong because all of the 14 year olds will buy the game no matter its condition ( As seen by Ronnies " can I GET A RT FOR PREORDERING AND TAKING A PICTURE WITH CARDBOARD DURANT!" Twitter timeline.

Whatever the case may be, I hope that competition in the virtual basketball Genre happens very soon because theres a community of us who need what 2k USED to offer,

A simulation basketball game NOT a SIMCADE game

Rant over

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Who is the target audience now?

They realized that they can put forth half the effort of old and make double the money. Even if those of us who realize how bad this game is stop buying it they'll continue making more money each year as they find more ways to scam people into buying VC.

They got people paying $60 for a shell of a video game then paying at least another $60 likely more so they can get VC.

They have no need for those of us who enjoy the game for what it used to be. 2Ks simulation project is gone
Old 06-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
Rookie

people who play mycareer/my team
Old 06-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Once the other game failed a few years back it seems they have attempted to move on their target audience.

Its working for them as they've taken control of that audience but it left the loyal fans - the guys who were playing 2K before the glitz and glamour - scratching our heads because we can feel them turning away from what made us love them.

Even if the other game was consistent, I believe 2K would have went down this path. Guys scream for 2K football and I see that turning into a similar product. Eventually they would have turned down the realism in sake for fun.

We still have their ear but we all can clearly see what the bigger intent for the franchise will be. They are making money so we can't really get mad at them and the way they run their business but this is a tough blow for us sim gamers to watch it happen.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Its weird because I still think Online VS Ranked matches are still probably the most played 'mode' in 2k, but they have done nothing to advance that.

NBA Live has their Online Seasons where every game you play online counts towards the 10 game schedule to qualify for the Playoffs. Then you are entered into a tournament. Its awesome! And it doesn't have to be the Ultimate Team, just current NBA teams.

I hope either 2k does something like this, or Live can narrow the gap in 2015.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4

It's very sad to see where 2K has gone. I agree with the OP on the whole Pokemon thing. It seems the game is tailored to the kids that don't really care how the game is played, they would be happy playing with a team full of superstars and run around trying to dunk all game...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Banned

Icon3 Re: Who is the target audience now?

Ocd tryhards who gotta catch em all - myteam
Kids who want to make it to the nba when they grow up - myplayer

The few that appreciated 2k for what it used to be are left to play quick games against cheesers who only pick 3 teams.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
Banned

Any time a game trades fun factor for replay value things get messy. This game is not pick up and play which is fine, but there are kids/teens who cheese and play this game every day for 5 hours. This is the crowd 2k is trying to please and it is ruining this game because they exploit it in every way they can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »