Home

What kind of Dynasty do you want to see?

This is a discussion on What kind of Dynasty do you want to see? within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
Pro

BlackAndGoldVandal's Arena

OVR: 3
What kind of Dynasty do you want to see?

Interested in starting and sticking with another Dynasty for NBA 2k14.

Please reply and let me know what team you would like to see me use...

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What kind of Dynasty do you want to see?

Golden state, clippers, thunder. Teams that are contenders but need a little more to win. Tired of rebuilding projects
Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

I agree with kbb33! Personally I'd like to see the Heat or the Spurs. Spurs would be great because everyone is starting to get old...

#ripcity

Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
Rookie

caneswag907's Arena

Definitely have to agree on the Spurs, they're the model of consistency over the last 10+ years. Living up to their reputation while maintaining an aging team seems like a good challenge.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb33
Golden state, clippers, thunder. Teams that are contenders but need a little more to win. Tired of rebuilding projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodar
I agree with kbb33! Personally I'd like to see the Heat or the Spurs. Spurs would be great because everyone is starting to get old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneswag907
Definitely have to agree on the Spurs, they're the model of consistency over the last 10+ years. Living up to their reputation while maintaining an aging team seems like a good challenge.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The only thing is, I'm not totally into these teams so can any of you explain their plans for the future to me?

I do know the Spurs focus on drafting good talent and have had success with it in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Spurs are just trying to replace the aging Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and continue their dominance! Miami's big 3 are rumored to leave and in a few years D-Wade will retire and LeBron will leave so I guess choosing the build through the draft after trying the 3-peat or even win 4 in-a-row.

#ripcity

Old 06-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #7
Rookie

caneswag907's Arena

What the Spurs do is constantly restructure the team around their core players. They aren't the same team they were when it was Robinson and Duncan, the front office adjusts to where the league is heading (in this case speed/finesse). In free agency they tend to pick up solid veterans and perimeter assassins, more often than not they're European. Until 2008 the majority of San Antonio's selections were international (especially in the 1st). The downside of that was that 1/3 of the guys they picked never came over and since then they've drafted George Hill, James Anderson and Corey Joseph with their 1st round picks. They're seemingly always active during the draft, in 2011 they traded George Hill to the Pacers for three players including the 15th overall pick, Kawhi Leonard. Looking ahead I'd say Kawhi is going to be the guy, now you have to find someone to pair with him, be it through the draft or in free agency. You can't neglect the role players though, that rotation is key to their success. It's a real balancing act, even more so given the fact that franchise guys like Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are untradeable (and on the payroll). I think I covered all my bases, just ask if you want me to clarify anything.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneswag907
What the Spurs do is constantly restructure the team around their core players. They aren't the same team they were when it was Robinson and Duncan, the front office adjusts to where the league is heading (in this case speed/finesse). In free agency they tend to pick up solid veterans and perimeter assassins, more often than not they're European. Until 2008 the majority of San Antonio's selections were international (especially in the 1st). The downside of that was that 1/3 of the guys they picked never came over and since then they've drafted George Hill, James Anderson and Corey Joseph with their 1st round picks. They're seemingly always active during the draft, in 2011 they traded George Hill to the Pacers for three players including the 15th overall pick, Kawhi Leonard. Looking ahead I'd say Kawhi is going to be the guy, now you have to find someone to pair with him, be it through the draft or in free agency. You can't neglect the role players though, that rotation is key to their success. It's a real balancing act, even more so given the fact that franchise guys like Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are untradeable (and on the payroll). I think I covered all my bases, just ask if you want me to clarify anything.

Awesome man, thanks for the great reply. I am now very interested in starting a Spurs Dynasty. Will let you guys know the link and everything.

Fun Fact: I met Tim Duncan and Tony Parker at a game in Sacramento!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »