Home

Tennessee, Nebraska, Miami, USC....which gets "back" to consistent contender ...

This is a discussion on Tennessee, Nebraska, Miami, USC....which gets "back" to consistent contender ... within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Tennessee, Nebraska, Miami, USC....which gets "back" to consistent contender ...

Hard to believe these 4 programs have fallen off as much as they have over the years.

Of those traditional powers, who rights the ship quickest and gets to a playoff or "major" bowl first?

I'd say USC myself. Hard to believe it's been 16 years since UT won an SEC title and 11 years since the Canes were last in a BCS Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Tennessee, Nebraska, Miami, USC....which gets "back" to consistent contender ...

I think it will be either USC or Nebraska.

Nebraska's on the cusp, they've gone 28-12 since joining the B1G.

USC should be able to turn things around with Sark.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tennessee, Nebraska, Miami, USC....which gets "back" to consistent contender ...

Being the homer that I am, Nebraska. We have a young defense, a young quarterback, very good receivers, one of the top tailbacks in the nation (and one of the best backups in Imani Cross), and a proven coach.

Our offensive line will be a question mark this year, but hopefully they can pull their weight.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll say USC and Miami. Tennessee i like the direction they are heading in but the sec is tougher than the PAC 12 and acc. Miami will continue to recruit get players from the south Florida region and have a lot of playmakers but the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. (As seen when miami spiraled out of the top 10 last season). Hopefully either a) the players have gotten older and better, b) defensive coordinator d'onofrio gets the players he needs for his defense or c) fire him and get and d cord who can coach D. Other than the defense, the only other way I don't see miami being "back" to some sort of national relevance in the next few years is if all of the qb recruits are busts and the next few years is filled with horrendous qb play.

Also should Texas be added to this list?

Last edited by canesfins; 06-04-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #5
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11

Tennessee is still a couple years away but Butch has us going in the right direction.

I think Nebraska is the closest to a true contender at the moment although if the past indicates anything about all these programs, they could turn it around almost immediately.
San Antonio Spurs
D.C United
West Ham United

Twitter - @DarkOutFront
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

I would pick USC then Miami. It's kinda hard to get those Cali kids to leave the state and USC always finds a way.

Miami just had 2 horrible coaches before Golden. If they can find a QB to lead them, they will be fine. And if D'Onofrio gives up 40 points a game, he has to be fired.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

We're on our way back. We'll take our lumps again this year, but should start to really pick up momentum next year.

I think USC gets back on track the quickest.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Tennessee or USC. Nebraska and Miami I don't see being real contenders. USC will get good fast under Sark. Tennessee is readed in the right direction with Butch, but it may take a bit longer because our schedule is so much tougher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »