Home

Tips on how to get sacks w/ your OLBs in a 3-4?

This is a discussion on Tips on how to get sacks w/ your OLBs in a 3-4? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Tips on how to get sacks w/ your OLBs in a 3-4?

I am using Lebeau's Def playbook......any go to plays or tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

thoro_headz's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tips on how to get sacks w/ your OLBs in a 3-4?

Are you using the Steelers? I play with the Steelers and let LeBeau call the plays. Woodley and Harrison normally get 7-10 sacks each.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Pro

Yes I am but I am using updated rosters. The thing is that LeBeau for me doesn't really call plays for my OLB in pass situations. lol
Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
Rookie

thoro_headz's Arena

OVR: 1

All of Lebeau's plays out of the 3-3-5 bring at least one OLB on a blitz. Your issue is probably personnel. Your OLBs' ability to get the the QB has a lot to do with the quality of the DE playing on their side. With the updated rosters, I'm assuming that you have Heyward playing in front of Woodley on the left and Keisel playing in front of Jones on the right? Are you having trouble getting any sacks out of the formation or just concerned about getting more out of your OLBs?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
Banned

Your problem is not only the personnel on the field but the coaching. If you have no one better than a 4 at lb, your lbs will not perform well, only stars and they'll be below their average. For ANY position to play consistently well, you need at least one coach at a 4 on all three developments.

Also, you have to find the concepts that work in the correct situations(down distance, opponents formation). Certain blitzes are better than others depending on the position you're trying to get the sack with. For instance, the le will almost always get a sack on a 4-3 lolb blitz(any version really), unless you're versing an amazing oline or aware qb with quick release.

I dont know the 3-4 as well as others on this forum, maybe they can throw you a bone with some money plays. Also, one last important factor is learning. If your play isnt learned by your olbs, they wont be successful. Just because the play says its learned, doesnt mean everyone on the field has learned it. Some may have mastered it while others are still unlearned.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »