Home

George Springer

This is a discussion on George Springer within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

mu382's Arena

OVR: 2
George Springer

I am using knights v2 rosters. Has anyone bumped up George springers attributes yet? I'm thinking they need a little bump and was curious as to what others are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: George Springer

I'm using v1, and I'm pretty satisfied with him even though he's 1/8 for me in Spring Training right now. His vision is 31, if I changed anything that would it, but nothing else. But I won't I'll make him earn the ratings boost. He might not even make the team for me, right now. He didn't in real life either.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's very, very, very, early days but for 2014 (so far) my calculator gives him the following:

ConR 77
ConL 47
PowR 90
PowL 54
Bunt 0
DBunt 0
Vis 42
Disc 70
Clu 80
Dur -
Spd 38
Arm 57
Acc 50
Rea 62
Fld 64
BrAb 52
BRAg 18
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Spd 38 is a definite no.. he's not slow he was just hesitant or unsure on the bases if this rating is based on his baserunning errors. He has a few baserunning errors.

Same way he was hesitant in his first week of ABs in mlb and started off quite slowly offensively. I think it's all a mental thing, he's come around already mentally compared to where he was when he started out, even since Spring Training.

I also don't know how disparities between power L and R are exactly calculated. But I'm not sure there should be a 30+ difference between the two under most circumstances. His power R at 90 is debatable, this is why I hate these numbers though lol. I'd rather fill that bar graph up until it "looks" right lol
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i use the same power # for L and R.

you dont get weaker or stronger facing a different handedness ^^ just get a dif amount of hits

when i edit houston tmrw, springer will get....

77 con r
58 con l
80 power r/l
68 plate disc
speed somewhere between 60-70

Last edited by turty11; 05-29-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

mu382's Arena

OVR: 2

I may look at Bryce Harper's contact and power numbers and start him off in that area. I think he's a similar player and easily as good as Harper if not better in most categories once you weed through the Harper hype. Although, I haven't looked at his ratings yet so I don't know if he is as insanely overrated in the game as he is in real life.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

last i checked harper was kind of middle of the pack rated by scea

in comparison with my rating adjustments, harper would have 44pwr compared to an 80 for springer

haper would have 85 con L vs springers 58, and harper would have 52 con R vs springers 77, essentially having near/same cont ratings but springers power blows him away. Cant help ya with fielding, ive never watched an astros game ^^
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #8
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu382
I may look at Bryce Harper's contact and power numbers and start him off in that area. I think he's a similar player and easily as good as Harper if not better in most categories once you weed through the Harper hype. Although, I haven't looked at his ratings yet so I don't know if he is as insanely overrated in the game as he is in real life.
oh geez, Springer is no where near the same type of prospect Harper was. Springer might be a really good player, but he's not there yet ... Harper had the hype for a reason, he dominated at ever level he played at.

I see (the young/healthy) Grady Sizemore in Springer as a celing, with Dexter Fowler as the floor.

Harper along w/ Trout have a chance to be Mays/Mantle all over again

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »