Home

Anyone still paying 13 any?

This is a discussion on Anyone still paying 13 any? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Anyone still paying 13 any?

Just wondering if anyone is still playing it, or have you went back to it with franchise mode being screwed up majorly on the PS3 version, with no sings of a patch in sight.

I decided yesterday to put MLB13 back in, cause overall it was a great game, and the best game to date imo. I do love MLB14 and as far as gameplay goes, it I believe is the best game to date, but if your a franchise guy like myself, 14 is basically broke at the moment on the PS3.

I will say its really hard going back to 13 because of how well 14 looks and plays, an I truely love the QC option, best feature ever added next to manual injuries imo.

13 had its issues out of the box with offensive stats being way to high on batting avg along with some other oddities with stats, but with the right edits to a roster you can get stats realistic, although it does take a tone of work to do.

I fiigured I might as well reinstall 13 before the servers are turned off to get the roster I need, and start doing some edits to it while playing, just in case SCEA ends up giving us the shaft on fixing the PS3 version, although I would be surprised at them if they did that to us, they have always been very good about fixing things that are broke if there isnt a workaround, and there is not this year. Plus I figure if I put in the work on 13 once again and started a franchise then with the way my life works 14 will get patched, if I just wait on them to fix 14 then it probably wouldnt happen, its the way life goes for me,lol.

I do hope 14 gets fixed soon, as I definitely prefer it with QC's and the fact that potential is editble finally, and it seems players regress and progress more realistic to this year than in last years game. If it dont get fixed then I will call them up and complain hoping to get my money back and just continue on with 13, but I hope that dont happen, cause with a couple fixes to 14 franchise and it will be by far the best sports game ever.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

wwhickok's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone still paying 13 any?

I play it from time to time on PS3 because I genuinely enjoy the game and the RTTS is completely different. I like both versions (13 & 14).
Old 05-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

me too,I genuinely enjoy the game and the RTTS is completely different. I like both versions
Old 05-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I tried going back to my Blue Jays franchise on MLB 13 last night and I just am not a fan of that expanded timing window. If I'm going to go back and play 13 from time to time I'm going to have to max out the Pitch Speed slider, otherwise I wind up swinging too early on every pitch.

I found the hitting to be more balanced in MLB 12 and 14, at least for my tastes.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I tried going back to my Blue Jays franchise on MLB 13 last night and I just am not a fan of that expanded timing window. If I'm going to go back and play 13 from time to time I'm going to have to max out the Pitch Speed slider, otherwise I wind up swinging too early on every pitch.

I found the hitting to be more balanced in MLB 12 and 14, at least for my tastes.
With being doped up on pain meds constantly I still had to put pitch speed in 13 at 0, and I had to do the same with 14. I find I can hit better with both 13 and 14 than I could in previous games, but I cant hit a curveball at all on 13 but can with 14 wich seems odd, since the window isnt as long on 14.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
With being doped up on pain meds constantly I still had to put pitch speed in 13 at 0, and I had to do the same with 14. I find I can hit better with both 13 and 14 than I could in previous games, but I cant hit a curveball at all on 13 but can with 14 wich seems odd, since the window isnt as long on 14.

For me, and maybe this is just my eyes or my imagination, it seems like the pitches "define themselves" more on MLB14 without seeming like wiffle balls.

Curves seem to move more like a curve is supposed to and it tends to let me use my eyes to try to recognize the pitch. In 13, slow pitches seemed sooooooo slow that they didn't "define" readily and you had to wait forever to swing, even after the "hump" and the start of the downward break.

Again for me, I think the window is more "forward" than it is stretched out. You don't have to wait until the pitch seems like it's by you. I think that also helped me hitting the off-speed this year.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

So what exactly is wrong with franchise mode on the PS3 version?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So what exactly is wrong with franchise mode on the PS3 version?
From what I can tell, the budgets being too high and prospect signing long term for cheap are two things people seem to really dislike.

I haven't gotten to an offseason yet so I can't tell by experience, but from what I've read - that seems to be the two big issues - and evidently - they got fixed on the PS4 version but no fix for the PS3 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »