Home

Official How's Your World Cup Going Thread

This is a discussion on Official How's Your World Cup Going Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Official How's Your World Cup Going Thread

So we can stop using the impressions thread as the main gameplay thread I made this. You can talk about the game and all it's modes here, including Captain Your Country. Currently after winning the world cup tournament mode with England, I'm about to try road to the WC as Ivory Coast, since most games I play with Spain seem rigged against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official How's Your World Cup Going Thread

Just finished a USA Road to World Cup mode and I did qualify but I did not make it out of my group. Now starting a campaign with Italy so far I tied my first 3 matches against France, Hungary and Bosnia. I choose custom fixture, so need wins now as ties are not going to help too much in the grand scheme of things.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

so far, have done Road to the World Cup with Germany, Ivory Coast, Argentina, and Japan. Currently using USA. only have played the whole thing with Germany and won it, I stopped playing the rest after I qualified (just getting the achievement).

I have been playing a lot with my friends in just regular kick off games. Usually we have a system for selecting your team. Each person hits random 3 times, and you can be any of the teams that were selected. If you don't want any of those 3, you can hit random again, but you MUST be that team. Pretty interesting imo. Makes it so that you have variety in your matches.

In online Road to the World Cup, I am in the 3rd city (can't remember the name...) atm. Haven't played a whole lot as my internet has been screwy lately. I seem to be playing almost exclusively against Brazil...
Old 05-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
Just finished a USA Road to World Cup mode and I did qualify but I did not make it out of my group. Now starting a campaign with Italy so far I tied my first 3 matches against France, Hungary and Bosnia. I choose custom fixture, so need wins now as ties are not going to help too much in the grand scheme of things.
Who'd you lose to as the US? I might use them next and try not to get put into the group of death...
Old 05-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Who'd you lose to as the US? I might use them next and try not to get put into the group of death...
I was in a group with Germany, Algeria & Uruguay.

Sent from my ID1018WTA+ using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just played a World Cup with Colombia. As a Colombian, I added the three players on the World Cup Team who are not in the game by using create a player. I rated them very realistically and used FIFA 14 ratings as a basis (side note: are there going to be any roster updates?). I played with Falcao starting (this was before the latest news). Somehow I won the World Cup. It was well contested but it kind of hinted at me that I should raise the difficulty. I won every game except one. While Colombia is a great team, I really doubt that they have the strength to beat Germany, England, Spain, and Brazil in four consecutive games.

MIAMI DOLPHINS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
FC BARCELONA
MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI MARLINS
Old 06-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

bell, Pretty interesting imo. Makes it so that you have variety in your matches.thanks
Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
Just played a World Cup with Colombia. As a Colombian, I added the three players on the World Cup Team who are not in the game by using create a player. I rated them very realistically and used FIFA 14 ratings as a basis (side note: are there going to be any roster updates?). I played with Falcao starting (this was before the latest news). Somehow I won the World Cup. It was well contested but it kind of hinted at me that I should raise the difficulty. I won every game except one. While Colombia is a great team, I really doubt that they have the strength to beat Germany, England, Spain, and Brazil in four consecutive games.
They let you use Falcao? He's injured now. And there will be updates, after the cup I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »