Home

The Park is a joke!

This is a discussion on The Park is a joke! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0
The Park is a joke!

It's absurd that I have to wait around 30 mins to even find an open spot when I play with a friend. What's next? Will it cost VC to even play a game? Bring back mp pick up or crew because this mode is absolutely trash.

I'm not even going to talk about how bad the gameplay is.

They better take this out or improve it drastically because they'll definitely lose 1 longtime customer if they don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Re: The Park is a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
It's absurd that I have to wait around 30 mins to even find an open spot when I play with a friend. What's next? Will it cost VC to even play a game? Bring back mp pick up or crew because this mode is absolutely trash.

I'm not even going to talk about how bad the gameplay is.

They better take this out or improve it drastically because they'll definitely lose 1 longtime customer if they don't.
Pick Up games and Crew were way better than Parks and blacktop.

They have 2 option. Either scrap Parks and bring back Pick Up or Crew or turn parks into one Pickup. The only way they could improve it is to turn it into Pick up games and make it to where you could search with your friends to find a game.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

The whole idea of placing upto 100 people all together on a bunch of blacktop courts were your supposed to all run around like chickens with their heads cut off and then find your friends and then find open spots and courts to play on and then wait forever for games to end was just a silly idea. Then on top of it you have all the freezing and lag issues since there are too many people all trying to play together.

I agree if they care at all about what their customers want as opposed to creating modes solely out of greed to try to make more money off from microtransactions from the casual basketball fans, then 2k10/11 myplayer pick up and a NBA crew mode needs to return which is what long time fans of the series has been asking for years now. This whole playing dress up and playing on blacktop with gameplay that resembles NBA jams just isn't cutting it for a game that used to pride themselves on Simulation.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2playball
The whole idea of placing upto 100 people all together on a bunch of blacktop courts were your supposed to all run around like chickens with their heads cut off and then find your friends and then find open spots and courts to play on and then wait forever for games to end was just a silly idea. Then on top of it you have all the freezing and lag issues since there are too many people all trying to play together.

I agree if they care at all about what their customers want as opposed to creating modes solely out of greed to try to make more money off from microtransactions from the casual basketball fans, then 2k10/11 myplayer pick up and a NBA crew mode needs to return which is what long time fans of the series has been asking for years now. This whole playing dress up and playing on blacktop with gameplay that resembles NBA jams just isn't cutting it for a game that used to pride themselves on Simulation.
Plus after you wait that hour and a half looking for a court, the servers are too dead to even play a game and then the court lags and doesnt start the game. then you rinse and repeat.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I just wish it was like the NHL series' EASHL with drop in games where you play a real game in an actual arena, with actual jerseys, against other peoples created players online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I just wish it was like the NHL series' EASHL with drop in games where you play a real game in an actual arena, with actual jerseys, against other peoples created players online.
Agreed. EASHL is exactly the design 2k should use to reintroduce crew mode and myplayer pickup games. The best part about it is that you HAVE to play games to improve your myplayer, and not just a few but many many games. And it's all online so it's more enjoyable than player against the computer. You can't drop down $40-50 to get a 99 overall. And by having to play games, more people are less likely to quit said games. Perfect setup.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 06-04-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Agreed. EASHL is exactly the design 2k should use to reintroduce crew mode and myplayer pickup games. The best part about it is that you HAVE to play games to improve your myplayer, and not just a few but many many games. And it's all online so it's more enjoyable than player against the computer. You can't drop down $40-50 to get a 99 overall. And by having to play games, more people are less likely to quit said games. Perfect setup.
And combine all that with Online Seasons and you actually play for championships, in tournaments, and stats get recorded the while way.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
And combine all that with Online Seasons and you actually play for championships, in tournaments, and stats get recorded the while way.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
You're giving me a broner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »