Home

Would You Rather?

This is a discussion on Would You Rather? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Would You Rather?

So on one of my favorite local radio shows here, they do a weekly segment called "Would you rather?" I figure it'd be a fun thing to try out here, especially with the season about ready to close up and basketball talk ready to get a bit dry. Anyway, pretty simple concept, nothing new or really any different from typical watercooler/bar/barbershop/etc. talk. Give your answer to the either or question above you and then leave your best one.

Ex:

Poster 1: As a player, would you rather have a stat line of 45 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists, or would you rather have a statline of 12 points, 18 rebounds and 15 assists?

Poster 2: Answer. Followed by their own question.

Okay so I'll get us started with one I heard on the show that I thought was a good one.

If you're starting a team and you can have them in their prime, would you rather have Joakim Noah or Dennis Rodman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Would You Rather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So on one of my favorite local radio shows here, they do a weekly segment called "Would you rather?" I figure it'd be a fun thing to try out here, especially with the season about ready to close up and basketball talk ready to get a bit dry. Anyway, pretty simple concept, nothing new or really any different from typical watercooler/bar/barbershop/etc. talk. Give your answer to the either or question above you and then leave your best one.

Ex:

Poster 1: As a player, would you rather have a stat line of 45 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists, or would you rather have a statline of 12 points, 18 rebounds and 15 assists?

Poster 2: Answer. Followed by their own question.

Okay so I'll get us started with one I heard on the show that I thought was a good one.

If you're starting a team and you can have them in their prime, would you rather have Joakim Noah or Dennis Rodman?
I'll take Joakim Noah please.

We have a "what he could've been" draft. It's featuring all the players lost to drugs, injuries etc. Brandon Roy or Penny Hardaway in there "primes" who you got?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I'll take Joakim Noah please.

We have a "what he could've been" draft. It's featuring all the players lost to drugs, injuries etc. Brandon Roy or Penny Hardaway in there "primes" who you got?
Len Bias. If I can only pick between Penny and B-Roy...Penny.

Would you rather play your career as the #1 on every team, making lots of money and always at the top in terms of stats, but never win a ring...or be a consistent starter, making less money with only average stats, but win multiple rings?

Edit: yeah, it would be like 12mil vs a max 18mil+ deal.
Lebron James

Last edited by MattUM; 05-24-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM

Would you rather play your career as the #1 on every team, making lots of money and always at the top in terms of stats, but never win a ring...or be a consistent starter, making less money with only average stats, but win multiple rings?
Depending on how much less money, I'd say the second option. If we're talking in the 9-12 million dollar range as opposed to the 15-19 mil a year deals, I'd trade that in for rings for sure.

Would you rather own a small market team with a below average roster, no draft picks and 20 million dollars in cap space or a big market team with a slighty above average roster, all your picks and in the luxury tax?
Old 05-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM

Would you rather have T-Mac to lead you out the first round or Carmelo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Depending on how much less money, I'd say the second option. If we're talking in the 9-12 million dollar range as opposed to the 15-19 mil a year deals, I'd trade that in for rings for sure.

Would you rather own a small market team with a below average roster, no draft picks and 20 million dollars in cap space or a big market team with a slighty above average roster, all your picks and in the luxury tax?

I will take smaller market team, I'd like the challenge of trying to build a competing team through diamond in the rough type players. $20 mil in cap space would be enough to find some value.

- also wanted to answer the Roy/Penny one. I will take Roy, I think his game was geared more toward making people around him better. More complete player.

My question: with the draft coming up you are managing Cleveland who has the number 1 pick. You have a solid point guard in Kyrie, a solid Forward in Thompson, and Deng is resigning to start at Small Forward. Leaving you with a need at SG and C.. A time machine has been invented giving you the option of drafting any former player to join your team.

Do you address your shooting guard need with Michael Jordan, or your center need with Wilt Chamberlain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I will take smaller market team, I'd like the challenge of trying to build a competing team through diamond in the rough type players. $20 mil in cap space would be enough to find some value.

- also wanted to answer the Roy/Penny one. I will take Roy, I think his game was geared more toward making people around him better. More complete player.

My question: with the draft coming up you are managing Cleveland who has the number 1 pick. You have a solid point guard in Kyrie, a solid Forward in Thompson, and Deng is resigning to start at Small Forward. Leaving you with a need at SG and C.. A time machine has been invented giving you the option of drafting any former player to join your team.

Do you address your shooting guard need with Michael Jordan, or your center need with Wilt Chamberlain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good one. I'm going with Jordan. In today's league, the dominate big man isn't really what it once was. With Jordan and the rules of the league today, as an elite level scorer and defender you can get a cheap big and plug him in there or even afford to trade Kyrie for a quality center if you so chose.

Would you rather be the Los Angeles Lakers going into 2015 or the New York Knicks?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #8
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Lakers.

If you were starting a team, would you rather have a prime Dirk Nowitzki or prime Pau Gasol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »