Home

I Just Wanna Stand Still

This is a discussion on I Just Wanna Stand Still within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

2KGAWDD's Arena

OVR: 0
I Just Wanna Stand Still

I jus dont understand why when players are driving to the paint and im directly in front of them right outside the restricted zone players jus cruise right by my center and lay it up as if theres no 7'2 roy hibbert standing right there. i just wanna stand still with my hands up and have it be almost impossible for guards to abuse the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I Just Wanna Stand Still

I hear you...either A) you get pushed back or B) that one-handed scoop lay-up triggers. No charges he brah
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Rookie

2KGAWDD's Arena

lebron james doesnt even attempt to drive when he sees hibbert and west packing the paint. yet in 2k all you need is a superstar and turbo and your guaranteed at least 30 points
Old 05-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

You can still move while your hands are up using the LS (left stick) in order to challenge the shot. Hands up (RS) and intense defense (LT) can be effective in causing missed shots. Push the RS (right stick) towards the player taking the shot.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

I Just Wanna Stand Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KGAWDD
I jus dont understand why when players are driving to the paint and im directly in front of them right outside the restricted zone players jus cruise right by my center and lay it up as if theres no 7'2 roy hibbert standing right there. i just wanna stand still with my hands up and have it be almost impossible for guards to abuse the paint.

Play off the ball. Bring help from the weakside. Don't use the first big man directly in front of the driving guard. He will usually foul, or get beat. Bring the other big man over, then quickly switch perimeter defenders to rotate and pick up the open man.

Playing good defense in 2k14 is a constant, never-ending battle against your CPU teammates' blatant tendencies to allow themselves to constantly get beat, or leave their man wide open.

In 2k14, on offense you play 5-vs-5.
But on defense, you play 9-vs-1.

Good luck.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 05-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #6
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

The bigger issue for me is holding my hands up without moving and getting called for a shooting foul when the contact occurs.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
You can still move while your hands are up using the LS (left stick) in order to challenge the shot. Hands up (RS) and intense defense (LT) can be effective in causing missed shots. Push the RS (right stick) towards the player taking the shot.
This works. You have to stay off the block button, it does no good for contesting shots unless you actually make the block. I've blocked more shots with Hibbert actually using this technique more than actually using the block button.

Also helps to turn off the defensive assist on the controller settings to keep Hibbert (or whichever defender you choose) from sliding out of the position you want him in.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:27 AM   #8
Just started!

he sees hibbert and west packing the paint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »