Home

What prospects have you had the most success with?

This is a discussion on What prospects have you had the most success with? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
What prospects have you had the most success with?

So far for me its been Miguel Sano of the twins...hes got massive power. Who has been the best for you? I am curious to try out a few other prospects maybe in a different franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What prospects have you had the most success with?

For me it's been two pitchers, Archie Bradley and Noah Syndergaard. They both have 2.10 - 2.30 ERA's with about 40 strikeouts each through the 10 games they've played.

So far so good.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Banned

milldaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Alex MEyer
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
Rookie

Awesome question. I'll go with someone a bit unknown in Braulio Lara for the Rays. He serves as a bullpen arm, but his fastball can get up to 98 or 99. He doesn't have a very good off-speed stuff, but at least it can keep hitters honest.

I was forced to call him up after having 2 bullpen injuries, and 1 playing really abysmal, leading to a demotion. He is a Southpaw as well, which is something I really needed (and the main reason he got the call).

I am not sure on his stats (away from Vita), but he has been absolutely dominant since getting the call (probably around 20 appearances) - despite having very, very sub par AAA stats.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Kris Bryant is only been like 24 games but he's hitting .318, 5 HR, 22 RBI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

First and only game with Gregory Polanco I had a triple and stole home with him
Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #7
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

I play the occasional minor league game during my franchise with quick counts on so I can play with my prospects. I did a fantasy draft so that's why I'm going to throw out some random guys. I also take a lot of time in where I assign players to start the season. I don't just assign my top overall guys at the highest levels. For example, I drafted Billy Burns and he is my 2nd best CF but I think he could tear up AA and possibly raise his potential.

I have had success with Archie Bradley and Miguel Sano at AAA. Bradley has a nasty running fastball that tops out about 94 but players rarely turn it around. His secondary pitches occasionally flash plus but they are inconsistent. Sano is just a bruiser! I haven't hit any HR's with him yet in user played games but he makes loud contact.

In AA my two favorite players have been LHP Tyler Pike and CF Billy Burns. Both are only B potential prospects but I love the way they play. Pike doesn't blow guys away but he locates his fastball and has a big slow breaking curve to keep hitters off-balance. Burns is everything you want in a leadoff hitter outside of the ability to hit the ball out of the park. He is a switch-hitter with good contact ratings and is a very good base stealer.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Dwenny's Arena

My favorite for me is Steven Wright, a relief pitcher with a knuckler within the Red Sox organization. Since I don't have Tim Wakefield any more, I've been using him for mid relief and actually do fairly well with him. I may even bring him up to the bigs if one or two of my pitchers goes down or are having performance issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »