Home

RTTS Recommended Difficulty

This is a discussion on RTTS Recommended Difficulty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
RTTS Recommended Difficulty

Trying to settle on a difficulty and am having trouble. Was using TNK's, but my player was struggling mightily! I changed it to dynamic difficulty with those same settings and an now worried it's too easy. What is everyone else using for RTTS? Want to get something and stick with it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: RTTS Recommended Difficulty

If dynamic difficulty is too easy it will get harder. I use it, I would highly recommend it, especially if you're just wanting to set something and forget about it.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was doing well in the minors on Veteran hitting difficulty. Then when I got to the majors I was doing quite poorly like batting .150. It was so frustrating that it started to ruin the game. I change to Rookie and now I am crushing it. So I'm probably some where in the middle. Ultimately I'm playing to have fun so I'd rather be too good then too sucky.

I tried Dynamic for a little bit but I'm not sure how it works beyond it "adjusting". How exactly does it adjust? Does it just go from Rookie to Veteran as you get good and if you get back goes back to Rookie? Or does it have progressive steps in between? I wonder... It did say Rookie+ when I first enabled it, so I'm not sure if that meant "in between Rookie and Veteran" or if it meant "Rookie but will move up if needed".

Anyone know?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Legend mode.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
I was doing well in the minors on Veteran hitting difficulty. Then when I got to the majors I was doing quite poorly like batting .150. It was so frustrating that it started to ruin the game. I change to Rookie and now I am crushing it. So I'm probably some where in the middle. Ultimately I'm playing to have fun so I'd rather be too good then too sucky.

I tried Dynamic for a little bit but I'm not sure how it works beyond it "adjusting". How exactly does it adjust? Does it just go from Rookie to Veteran as you get good and if you get back goes back to Rookie? Or does it have progressive steps in between? I wonder... It did say Rookie+ when I first enabled it, so I'm not sure if that meant "in between Rookie and Veteran" or if it meant "Rookie but will move up if needed".

Anyone know?
A plus at the end of the name like "rookie+" means you're at a in-between difficulty level. Pluses or minuses after the difficulty name are your progress between difficulty levels, so "rookie+ ++++" means you're at rookie+ and very close to moving up to veteran. "veteran ----" would mean you're very close to moving down to "rookie+".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy

Anyone know?
The bolded above is probably happening because the game adjusts the difficulty internally as you move up through AA, AAA, and MLB. It moves up a difficulty level when you move up from AA to AAA, and again from AAA to MLB. THAT much is confirmed by the developers in the in-game strategy guide.

What I believe is happening more specifically (this part isn't confirmed, it's only my theory), is that the game starts you one level lower than your selected difficulty on AA, moves up to your selected difficulty at AAA, and moves above your selected on MLB. So, by that logic, when you moved up to MLB on your selected Veteran difficulty, you were actually playing All-Star. That's probably why you struggled.

As for Dynamic, it looks at one thing and decides whether to promote/demote you - your OPS (On-Base Plus Slugging %). When it rises you'll make progress toward the next difficulty level, when it falls you'll head towards demotion. Basically, get a lot of hits (especially extra base hits, which count more in the equation) to promote to the next difficulty.

Oh, and one other thing about dynamic - the whole RTTS internal difficulty change thing doesn't apply there. Your stated Dynamic difficulty level is always the true one no matter what level of the minors or MLB you're playing in. If it says you're on Veteran you're on Veteran, no matter if it's AA or MLB.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks guys those are really great explanations and yes it helps a ton!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #8
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Another explanation might ultimately be that RTTS is always going to be a bit FUBAR. Perform at a level expected of you age and the team you're on, you're likely going to earn enough points to push you to be called up in pretty short order. Ultimately when you get to the Majors for the first time there's a good chance your ratings will still be a bit undercooked for the level.

In my current game my Third Baseman was drafted by the Padres, traded to the Marlins and while I was producing better and better at AA was promoted to the Majors directly from AA at the end of August and have been just destroyed by the better pitching in the Majors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »