Home

First time player to DD

This is a discussion on First time player to DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Question First time player to DD

So I have spent a week now building and customizing my roster and focusing on building a good looking team. I have 3 key players I am been developing.

Now here is my question, I can't seem to find a way to add games to my players contracts so for example the player has 27 games left how do I keep my key players around ? How do I add time to them? Sure would hate to invest millions just to lose them after 30 games??

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: First time player to DD

There are no contract extensions in Diamond Dynasty. You lose your players forever once their initial contract expires.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-16-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
There are no contract extensions in Diamond Dynasty. You lose your players forever once their initial contract expires.
WOW really so I have wasted tons of time customizing and training this team only for them to be lost!!! Kind of take the joy out of building around key players! I really don't get why you can't keep your stars.

man was loving this mode, now not sure it is worth the effort?????

Well anyway thanks for the Reply.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I'm with you all the way. Losing your players after you've put so much time and money into them kills my interest in the mode as well.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the fact that you can't extend players, that way you always ate getting new guys. If you could extend players everyone would have teams of guys all 90+ at everything easily
RCs-Durant,Walton,Wilt,Magic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydaman
I love the fact that you can't extend players, that way you always ate getting new guys. If you could extend players everyone would have teams of guys all 90+ at everything easily
you raise a good point there. I figure it kind of like collage ball where you train a guy up to be his best and then send them off to MLB and start again.

Now if I understand it all correctly, say I have player A which I have invested in on my active roster using up game time and Player B I also invested in, on my Inactive team Player B will retain his game time. So now I can develop talent behind my A -Team right?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes exactly. Don't go into DD assuming it is like MUT or Myteam. It is a different ball game and it'd be extremely boring with contract extensions. Everyone would have every player on their roster along with stacked DD players, which is one reason I hated NBA 2k's my team. It wasn't fun facing Jordan every game nor would it be fun facing a team full of Trouts and Cabreras.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
MVP

Not being able to keep players keeps it from becoming the boring MUT mess where everyone is running around with super teams after a while. You have to actually plan out what players you'll develop, how much you'll put into them, and how much you out into finding the next generation. It's leaps and bounds ahead of UT game modes for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »