Home

Hitting Timing

This is a discussion on Hitting Timing within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

B1ackswords's Arena

OVR: 0
Hitting Timing

Hey guys I am wondering for the people who use timing only hitting does it seem like its a lot harder to get solid contact for 14? While I will admit it has given me an awesome batter's eye and I actually get walked now , It seems like I foul off a lot of pitches that could be sent in the seats. Now I know that no MLB hitter can put every ball solidly in play thats in the zone, it just feels like it is worse than usual. I even turned up the timing slider so there is a larger window and it still seems off. What I have noticed is if I switch to zone hitting as long as I put the PCI on the ball and swing its almost always solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ackswords
Hey guys I am wondering for the people who use timing only hitting does it seem like its a lot harder to get solid contact for 14? While I will admit it has given me an awesome batter's eye and I actually get walked now , It seems like I foul off a lot of pitches that could be sent in the seats. Now I know that no MLB hitter can put every ball solidly in play thats in the zone, it just feels like it is worse than usual. I even turned up the timing slider so there is a larger window and it still seems off. What I have noticed is if I switch to zone hitting as long as I put the PCI on the ball and swing its almost always solid.
I have always been a "timing" player, and if I have learned one important thing over the years it is this ....
THIS GAME IS SO REAL!!!

Just because a pitch is a "strike" ... It does not make it a good pitch to hit... I have gone through many ups and downs with this game (again, mirroring a real life season), and I usually struggle when I am afraid to hit with 2 strikes...

I think timing hitting forces this issue even more, and requires you to hit good pitches and get into hitters counts...

The best hitters fail 7/10 on average, and that includes those pitchers that should be sent over the wall... Keep at it, you will come out of the slump if you feel you are in one...

Of course this is just my observation ....
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I use timing and it seems fine to me. I don't use the PCI though, I hate it. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Nomo has shown that there are a higher than MLB average amount of foul balls in the game this year. Knock your foul frequency sliders down to 3 and less of those will be fouled off.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I too have gotten this impression. It feels like it's harder this year to make solid contact with timing hitting than in years past. I really struggle to hit consistently without some kind of adjustment to the solid hits slider. The timing window feels less forgiving, and with timing hitting, you're relying on the CPU to place the PCI in a good spot, which also makes things difficult.

You might try bumping solid hits up one and see what that does for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Or just use contact swing more often. It leads to raking with really good hitters.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I think timing hitting is as realistic as it ever has been this year. It is a little harder to get solid contact on the ball, but to me it is much welcomed after last years slug fest.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #8
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I SUCK at hitting. some might remember me from past mlb asking for tips. now im slowly getting better but my eye is horrible. i swing at everything. with that said should i use timing or zone? i know people say its a preference but i want opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »