Home

RTTS - Observations and questions from a 1B

This is a discussion on RTTS - Observations and questions from a 1B within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS - Observations and questions from a 1B

First off, I love RTTS. It is my favorite mode by a long shot. But I do have a question and an observation.

1. Sometimes it is damn hard to get my first baseman back to the area he needs to be to receive a throw. This is especially noticeable when holding runners on. The 1b holds the runner and then takes a few steps into the field as the pitch is being delivered. The batter hits a ground ball to the left side and there is a chance at a double play. When I tap (just a tap) the control stick to the left to try and get my player back to the bag he completely overshoots the bag and ends up in foul territory and I have to tap back the other direction to get him back to a position to receive the throw. Many times this is enough of a delay to let faster runners reach base.

Am I missing something i the control scheme? Is there a button I can push to make him automatically head to the base to cover?

2. Just an observation. Maybe it's just because I see every attempt but it seems like players are trying to bunt for hits far more than is normal in real life. It seems like I see it several times every game, and more then once I have seen it on back to back batters. It does not really hinder my game play but the frequency does seem high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: RTTS - Observations and questions from a 1B

1. It's been a long time since I played IF on RTTS, but aren't you able to press the corresponding base button for your infielder to cover that base? For 1B, that would be square.

2. The game gives you an artificially higher amount of chances to field. When you play an infielder, that means a large amounts of bunts from people you don't expect to bunt. You may see a Molina (take your pick which one) try and bunt for a base hit.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar1
1. It's been a long time since I played IF on RTTS, but aren't you able to press the corresponding base button for your infielder to cover that base? For 1B, that would be square.

I have tried that. If I field a ball and I can get to the base quicker than the pitcher covering then hitting the button will send me running to the base but not when I don't have the ball and just trying to get to the circle to receive a throw.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Buckaloo's Arena

i have a 1st baseman as well, while I don't have answers on how to get back to the bag when holding a runner I do have same problem (I like to move either forward or backward it helps to get to the white spot in time) I also noticed like past games its impossible to turn two when you get the grounder so don't feel like you're alone....but if anyone has answers for these that'd be awesome
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have a 1B also. What is your fielding and reaction at? I have not seen this issue. Every once in awhile I over shoot (trying to rush) the bag, but I know the game needs you to flaw here and there to keep it realistic. Your reaction slider helps this. I use the left stick, and its a little more then just a "tap" over. But I do not move my position unless manager tells me to move before hand. As for the DP (3-4-3), I noticed it was hard to complete at first, but once I got my Fielding up, I was able to complete them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaloo
i have a 1st baseman as well, while I don't have answers on how to get back to the bag when holding a runner I do have same problem (I like to move either forward or backward it helps to get to the white spot in time) I also noticed like past games its impossible to turn two when you get the grounder so don't feel like you're alone....but if anyone has answers for these that'd be awesome
If there is no answer to this then it seems like a bug if the smallest movement distance that barely tapping the stick moves you is greater than the distance to the spot you need to be to receive the throw. The situation comes up multiple times per game and it is beginning to frustrate me after only 2 months into my career.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Buckaloo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I have a 1B also. What is your fielding and reaction at? I have not seen this issue. Every once in awhile I over shoot (trying to rush) the bag, but I know the game needs you to flaw here and there to keep it realistic. Your reaction slider helps this. I use the left stick, and its a little more then just a "tap" over. But I do not move my position unless manager tells me to move before hand. As for the DP (3-4-3), I noticed it was hard to complete at first, but once I got my Fielding up, I was able to complete them.
I never thought of this perhaps the higher the fielding and reaction the more likely this isn't to happen. I must say all my fielding techniques are above 60 though
Old 05-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaloo
I never thought of this perhaps the higher the fielding and reaction the more likely this isn't to happen. I must say all my fielding techniques are above 60 though
It is easy enough to check if it is tied to fielding or reaction. I will simply player lock a good fielding MLB first baseman in a exhibition game or two and compare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »