Home

Batting Help

This is a discussion on Batting Help within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #1
Rookie

Buckaloo's Arena

OVR: 0
Batting Help

I use pure analog (just easier for me) but I don't know how to influence hits this year, last year was obvious. Could someone please tell me how to influence fly balls and right and left field. It says hold R2 and press R stick to direction you want but when I do I go into bunt stance, am I missing something? Please explain as I loved influencing hits to move runners or sac fly. Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Batting Help

Isn't it pre-pitch you use triangle plus a stick direction? I never use it but maybe I should start trying to cut down on all the fly balls.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 05-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Just input the command while doing a practice swing and the batter will not go into a bunt stance. You still use R2 and the right stick.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't mean to rob your thread but I don't like starting new ones and this one seemed like a good place, but I could use all the help I can get for batting...

I have a problem with swinging at everything. I've tried to "calm down" and be patient, but when I do then I mis out on some meaty looking pitches and still strike out. I feel like I have the worst eye EVER! I can't tell if a ball is going out of the strike zone for the life of me. I've swung at pitch outs, and balls that are about to hit me. I've tried a few different camera angles, I've tried different batting controls. (Analog worked decent in the past but have been doing button this year)

This game is pretty awesome but I'm so terrible at batting it's kind of ruining it for me. Is there any tips anyone has? how about a good camera angle that will help? perhaps some sliders? any help would be great!

Again, don't mean to rob your thread. Sorry.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Just input the command while doing a practice swing and the batter will not go into a bunt stance. You still use R2 and the right stick.
that's what it says in the controls...but is it working? tried 2 bunts last night, and neither were influenced at all. I had wanted to bunt at the first baseman both times, so: R2 then flick right, then hold up early for a sac bunt attempt. both pitches were middle-ish on the plate (definitely not IN)...one went to third and the other to the pitcher, but on the third base side.

just bad luck for me I suppose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFrost
Is there any tips anyone has? how about a good camera angle that will help?
patience helps

BUT, if you aren't seeing the ball, it is hard to be patient! I really like the pure analog hitting, so I always recommend that. also, a custom camera angle works wonders (it's a shame they don't save at the moment). so my compromise was to get to a camera that I could quickly tweak (my PERFECT one take me, seriously, like 10+ minutes to get to).

IMO, the "catcher zoom 2" is a solid base. then make these edits: 1. zoom out so you can see the entire plate 2. right stick UP to angle the camera down. have the top of the strike zone indicator level with 2nd base (tweak this up or down a bit after seeing a few pitches back in the game), and 3. ever so slightly offset the camera using R2. if you are using a righty while editing move the stick slightly LEFT. this has the field of view more realistic to the batters box that your hitter is in. during gameplay, it flips the offset depending on which handedness the batter is. it's really cool.

this gives you a feeling of almost being in the box with the hitter, and it really helps (me at least) to read the pitches better. give it a shot...couldn't hurt right?
Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Buckaloo's Arena

OVR: 0

I use batter view catcher 2, it shows whole zone from all four sides and is back far enouug to let you gauge where ball will end up after pitch
Old 05-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
that's what it says in the controls...but is it working? tried 2 bunts last night, and neither were influenced at all. I had wanted to bunt at the first baseman both times, so: R2 then flick right, then hold up early for a sac bunt attempt. both pitches were middle-ish on the plate (definitely not IN)...one went to third and the other to the pitcher, but on the third base side.

just bad luck for me I suppose?
The swing influence system was not designed to be an overriding force. Other factors come into play when determing hit outcome. Just because you input the command does not mean that specific hit type will occur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »