Home

"Default" Baserunning: Stealing

This is a discussion on "Default" Baserunning: Stealing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Default" Baserunning: Stealing

I'm using the "Default" Baserunning controls. L1 leads my guy off, R1 moves him back. However.. L2 just doesn't work. I've tried holding down the button, pressing it at different times, tapping it multiple times, etc. This is a BIG issue because not only can I not steal, I also can't hit-and-run and I can't send the runner on 3-2 counts.

I've never had this issue in previous versions. Normally, you'd press L2 at the start of the pitcher's windup and the runner would take off. What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: "Default" Baserunning: Stealing

I'm confused by this too. I can't figure out how to increase the default lead. What am I supposed to hit?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
I'm confused by this too. I can't figure out how to increase the default lead. What am I supposed to hit?
If your Baserunning Interface (in Gameplay Settings) is set to "Default", then it's L1 to lead off and R1 to go back. Also, you need to have Baserunning Decisions set to "Assist".

My issue is that I can't steal. Still haven't figured it out.. I must be doing something wrong, because I am having the same issue on PS3/PS4. Anybody have any ideas? My settings for baserunning are -

Baserunning Decisions - Assist
Baserunning Interface - Default
Sliding Decisions - Assist
Runner Windows - On
Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm having the same problem. I check and double check my settings, but its just not working. can not figure out how to steal

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

My settings are the same, but I haven't had any issues. I press L2 usually before the pitcher comes set, but sometimes late and they still take off.

Another way is to hold the LS in the direction of the runner and press L2. Again, you have to do this early on. If you wait until the pitcher comes set, you may not get the command in, in time.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, what I do is press and hold the L2 until the pitcher throws, and then my guy will take off.

But I haven't figured it out how to send just 1 runner (for example just send the runner at 1B, when I have 1st and 3rd).
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
My settings are the same, but I haven't had any issues. I press L2 usually before the pitcher comes set, but sometimes late and they still take off.

Another way is to hold the LS in the direction of the runner and press L2. Again, you have to do this early on. If you wait until the pitcher comes set, you may not get the command in, in time.
If you have to initiate the steal before the pitcher gets set, then what's the point? I thought the timing aspect was important in previous years.. for example, pressing L2 to steal right as the pitcher started his wind-up was encouraged to get a better jump. If you have to press L2 before he even gets set, then it basically takes the timing element out of the equation completely..
Old 05-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guga
Well, what I do is press and hold the L2 until the pitcher throws, and then my guy will take off.

But I haven't figured it out how to send just 1 runner (for example just send the runner at 1B, when I have 1st and 3rd).
If you're using "Default", then you should use the left stick to point to the runner you want to steal (this will light up their icon on the diamond) and then initiate the steal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »