Home

Should I change the sliders?

This is a discussion on Should I change the sliders? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should I change the sliders?

Prior to OSFM release, I played using one of the realism set of sliders found on this forum. (I believe it was TNK's.) I modified it slightly to decrease walks and slightly boost pitcher stam for quick count play.

I had about a .600 WP and was getting very realistic stats overall. Through a sample of 50-60 games.

After OSFM, I restarted my franchise and started out with the same sliders, same roster, etc. But I am undefeated in 13 games- a ridiculous hot streak. (13-0 to start out the season.) My BA is only like 8th in the league, ERA 2-3rd. It is not like I have been killing the opponent 10-2 or anything like that.

About 1/2 of my games are save opportunities. I did manage to come back in the ninth twice and win two extra inning games.

Am I just riding a super hot streak, or do I need to bump up the difficulty? Just your guy's opinion.

Last edited by stlcards234; 05-07-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Should I change the sliders?

I think only you can answer that really. I mean if you feel like you are getting lucky winning a couple of those games, and your team has just stepped up at the right time and gotten some big hits then keep playing the way it is. You said you aren't blowing out teams, so my guess would be right now things are just going your way.

I remember a couple of years ago having like a 16 game winning streak in the middle of my season and wondering if I needed to change things and then I lost like 4 in a row. My team had just gotten really hot and ever thing was going my way. So, like I said you are the only one that can really answer that.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

13-0 to start the season isn't unheard of. See: the 1987 Milwaukee Brewers [they then went on to lose 12 in a row, so there's that...]
Old 05-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Both the A's (2003?) and Rockies (2007) went on 20+ win streaks. Doesn't necessarily mean you don't need to change the sliders, only that within the realm of baseball a streak like that is possible.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Throw in the sliders and settings you like and use dynamic difficulty instead of all star or whatever. It's been a godsend for me. I don't have "slider-itis" anymore and I'm getting realistic stats with the slider tweaks I don't want changed. Now I just focus on baseball and not worried about difficulty level. The logic in DD is actually pretty darn good, IMHO. I've played the show for years and always thought my pitching level was somewhere between AS and HOF. Dynamic difficulty now has me at all star ++. I'm soo happy with that. Throw in quick count at some point Man. I get best of both worlds. QC and DD were worth price of admission for me personally.

3DS- Bravely Default

Last edited by nickaepi; 05-14-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »