Home

Stadium Lighting

This is a discussion on Stadium Lighting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Resile's Arena

OVR: 0
Stadium Lighting

I'm compiling a list of stadiums that need their night lighting tweaked, whether it be in the outfield, for scoreboards, infield upper deck, or whatever. Post your input for different stadiums here as well. The best looking parks are in cyan, while the worst ones are in purple.

Citi Field- Looks to be pretty good. Upper deck looks lit up and the scoreboard seems fine too.

Petco Park-
Outfield, from left all the way to right, is wayy too dark. Also, the infield lighting seems to be messed up as well (certain bright spots emerge).

Dodger Stadium- Outfield seems meh, but the infield upper deck is very dark

Another great looking daytime ballpark. Looked good at night as well. Still haven't hit a homerun yet to see the lights flashing on the outfield roofs (looked great in a preview video though).

Comerica- outfield is okay, but the infield upper deck is VERY dark

The scoreboard and it's details are great. The statues beyond left field are awesome and the lighting seems to be good.

AT&T Park-
Outfield is lit up BEAUTIFULLY, and the park seems to be very good overall. The upper deck wrapping the field though is still kind of dark? Maybe they did that on purpose in these stadiums? It seems good overall though

Busch Stadium- The whole stadium is literally in a blackout...

Outside of the obvious lighting issues in the outfield, I think the signs on the scoreboard and elsewhere in the park need to be brighter and stand out much more.

Yankee Stadium- looks really good!

outside of some minor thing others have pointed out, this park seems pretty accurate and the lighting seems to be good. I could go for a brighter scoreboard if I'm nitpicking.

Progressive Field- outfield lighting looks fine, besides the upper deck which is probably purposefully
dark..

The 'Indians' sign on top of the scoreboard beyond left field should be lit better (similar look to the outlines of the pinwheels at U.S. Cellular).

Target Field- seems to be okay

The neon Twins sign beyond centerfield is one of the coolest updates to the game (IMO). If they can only get the Liberty Bell at CBP to work as good. Probably a tad dark in the lower left field stands.

Fenway Park- perfect (left field fans on top of monsters are silhouttes though) Regardless, lighting is still great.

This Park is money for day games. They nailed the color of the walls and dirt. The lighting seems off in the Green Monster seats as some have noted. Still would like to see the Citgo sign (Red Sox logo in the game) lit up and more light being given off from the 'Fenway Park' and Red Sox' signs beyond Centerfield and Right Field.

Camden Yards- right center is a bit dark, but it looks pretty good for the most part

-scoreboard, vintage clock and the lights on the B&O Warehouse look great

US Cellular- I think they nailed this park. The pinwheels and the translucent banners are perfect.

Rogers Centre - Seems to have accurate lighting and the atmosphere seems accurate. Some have mentioned collision detection issues but I've yet to come across them. I could say they could add more light to the 'Blue Jays' and 'Rogers' signs beyond centerfield to make them look more neon.

-not good: using the same lighting for an outdoor, open air stadium in a dome. Shadow casts are everywhere.

Kauffman Stadium- Great daytime ballpark. Could use a little more light given off from the giant scoreboard.

-Its the fans behind home and down the lines that need work with their night lighting

Safeco Field - Sign should be brighter

Turner Field - Sign should have neon feature effects of tomahawk chop and needs to be brighter.

Citizens Bank Park - The Liberty Bell is only lit up on the top. Should also have the sparkling lights flashing and movement for HR's.

PNC Park- some lighting issues in the outfield. The PNC Park sign should stand out more as well.

Last edited by Resile; 05-09-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Stadium Lighting

Great:

Camden Yards - The scoreboard, vintage clock and the lights on the B&O Warehouse look great

U.S. Cellular - I think they nailed this park. The pinwheels and the translucent banners are perfect.

Comerica Park - The scoreboard and it's details are great. The statues beyond left field are awesome and the lighting seems to be good.

Target Field - The neon Twins sign beyond centerfield is one of the coolest updates to the game (IMO). If they can only get the Liberty Bell at CBP to work as good. Probably a tad dark in the lower left field stands.

Yankee Stadium - outside of some minor thing others have pointed out, this park seems pretty accurate and the lighting seems to be good. I could go for a brighter scoreboard if I'm nitpicking.
AT&T Park

Good:

Rogers Centre - Seems to have accurate lighting and the atmosphere seems accurate. Some have mentioned collision detection issues but I've yet to come across them. I could say they could add more light to the 'Blue Jays' and 'Rogers' signs beyond centerfield to make them look more neon.

Fenway Park - This Park is money for day games. They nailed the color of the walls and dirt. The lighting seems off in the Green Monster seats as some have noted. Still would like to see the Citgo sign (Red Sox logo in the game) lit up and more light being given off from the 'Fenway Park' and Red Sox' signs beyond Centerfield and Right Field.

Kauffman Stadium - Great daytime ballpark. Could use a little more light given off from the giant scoreboard.

Dodger Stadium - Another great looking daytime ballpark. Looked good at night as well. Still haven't hit a homerun yet to see the lights flashing on the outfield roofs (looked great in a preview video though).

Needs work:

Just to make mention, none of these parks are "bad" IMO, there are just some that need more work with regards to lighting. That being said:

Busch Stadium - Outside of the obvious lighting issues in the outfield, I think the signs on the scoreboard and elsewhere in the park need to be brighter and stand out much more.

Petco Park - Obviously there are issues with the darkness of the outfield.

These below are pretty good but considering they have signs or features that should stand out, they just need their signs and whatnot fixed to be brighter.

Turner Field - Sign should have neon feature effects of tomahawk chop and needs to be brighter.

Citizens Bank Park - The Liberty Bell is only lit up on the top. Should also have the sparkling lights flashing and movement for HR's.

PNC Park - some lighting issues in the outfield. The PNC Park sign should stand out more as well.

Progressive Field - The 'Indians' sign on top of the scoreboard beyond left field should be lit better (similar look to the outlines of the pinwheels at U.S. Cellular).

Last edited by Chikiboy; 05-07-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah comerica is fine. Go there in real life and the infield upper deck is actually very dark as it is on the game. I don't know why but that's just how it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Liberty Bell at Citizens Bank Park needs to be fixed. Only part of it lights up.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Resile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
Great:

Camden Yards - The scoreboard, vintage clock and the lights on the B&O Warehouse look great

U.S. Cellular - I think they nailed this park. The pinwheels and the translucent banners are perfect.

Comerica Park - The scoreboard and it's details are great. The statues beyond left field are awesome and the lighting seems to be good.

Target Field - The neon Twins sign beyond centerfield is one of the coolest updates to the game (IMO). If they can only get the Liberty Bell at CBP to work as good. Probably a tad dark in the lower left field stands.

Yankee Stadium - outside of some minor thing others have pointed out, this park seems pretty accurate and the lighting seems to be good. I could go for a brighter scoreboard if I'm nitpicking.
AT&T Park

Good:

Fenway Park - This Park is money for day games. They nailed the color of the walls and dirt. The lighting seems off in the Green Monster seats as some have noted. Still would like to see the Citgo sign (Red Sox logo in the game) lit up and more light being given off from the 'Fenway Park' and Red Sox' signs beyond Centerfield and Right Field.

Kauffman Stadium - Great daytime ballpark. Could use a little more light given off from the giant scoreboard.

Dodger Stadium - Another great looking daytime ballpark. Looked good at night as well. Still haven't hit a homerun yet to see the lights flashing on the outfield roofs (looked great in a preview video though).

Needs work:

Just to make mention, none of these parks are "bad" IMO, there are just some that need more work with regards to lighting. That being said:

Busch Stadium - Outside of the obvious lighting issues in the outfield, I think the signs on the scoreboard and elsewhere in the park need to be brighter and stand out much more.

Petco Park - Obviously there are issues with the darkness of the outfield.

These below are pretty good but considering they have signs or features that should stand out, they just need their signs and whatnot fixed to be brighter.

PNC Park - some lighting issues in the outfield. The PNC Park sign should stand out more as well.

Progressive Field - The 'Indians' sign on top of the scoreboard beyond left field should be lit better (similar look to the outlines of the pinwheels at U.S. Cellular).
I added in your input. I'll add more of mine later once I play through more of the parks.

Also, i'm glad that the upper deck is dark sometimes; that means this issue could actually be a bug (Petco outfield), while some of the upper deck areas could have been designed to be darker (Comerica).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #6
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

The O2 Coliseum also need some work, u can see a weird shadow in the night games when the players go near the track, almost like if it was a sunny game and there was a hard shadow there...
Old 05-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
Rookie

my only complain in yankee stadium is the scoreboard if they can make the scoreboard shine that stadium would be perfect
Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Kauffman needs a bit more light at night in the crowd. The outfield and fans behind the wall are fine. Its the fans behind home and down the lines. But its really not that big of a deal when you only see that 5-10 times a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »