Home

NHL 15: Breaking Down the Initial Information

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Breaking Down the Initial Information within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15: Breaking Down the Initial Information

EA has finally blown the lid (well, slightly loosened the lid is more accurate) off of NHL 15, the first hockey game on the new generation of hardware. They didn't exactly show much, but they sure did a lot of telling. You can see the teaser trailer here, and the game page outlining all of the details is here. There's also a cover vote going on, and you can make your wishes known on this page. GameInformer also wrote up a big piece on the game, so I'd suggest checking that out, too, as I'll be referencing it here.

As I figured, EA played it fairly coy in terms of showing their cards (even though that trailer sparks some good emotion), but they did do a lot of hype-building, specifically as relates to gameplay features and presentation. There are a lot interesting details in what they said, so let's take a look.

Read More - NHL 15: Breaking Down the Initial Information
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
This will be interesting to day the least. While I thought Madden 25 on PS4/XB1 was a current gen port with some upgrades to zone defense. I never considered it to be a true "Next-Gen" offering taking full advantage of the hardware. This game will probably be the first real next gen effort for the "ignite" engine.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
I'm still not very excited. Sure the things are cool, but EA has put a lot of cool things in the NHL series.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Cautious and guarded at this point. Been burned to many times now by marketing.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

Great read! However with EA sports they've burned us too many times so I am a bit hesitent about getting excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
"The puck is one of the most complex items in the game to authentically replicate and it finally gets its due in NHL 15. Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice, including the ice surface itself, is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins, rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game."

EA pulls this PR crap every few years. And then for last year we have, SURPRISE! a volleyball puck in the corners. Absolute game-killer. Bout done with this series. Show me. And I ain't from Missouri.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28
With the new gen consoles I expect an upgrade in visuals but a more amped up AI. Smarter AI will make single player experiences more fun.

I view NHL on the same level with The Show. An excellent franchise that improves a small portion each year. Now that both are on next gen I expect that these franchises with the excellent development teams will reach new heights. I also think this is the year sports titles offer something awesome.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Rookie

NHL has always been an online game for me

The show has always been a single player game for me.

NHL online is where it's at.... best online sports game out for a while.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »