Home

Online Head to Head Impressions

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Online Head to Head Impressions

The game impression thread is going to get destroyed with just generic impressions on the game. My main focus is the area that hurt The Show so much on the PS3, the online head to head lag. I'm in limbo currently if me and my dad need to pick this up as our next "battle" game where we play against one another. To do that the game would need to finally have a smooth online experience, because I'm not going to commit unless we can have enjoyable games.

So can guys post impressions about your experience with the online head to head portion of MLB The Show 14 for PS4? How much lag, did the pitches look weird on delivery, was the button press to swing not delayed, any stuttering or graphical issues, and basically a good detailed look at how the pitcher/batter duels feel online.

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited by Phobia; 05-07-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Re: Online Head to Head Impressions

All these views and no one has played any games head to head?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

It wont let me play online rated. It states "you are required to have all data before going online". Idk what I need to do.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
It wont let me play online rated. It states "you are required to have all data before going online". Idk what I need to do.
The comments I do come across on the online head to head portion are not good. This is very sad because I really wanted to get it, but I'm such a online only gamer I don't want to waste money on a title to end up collecting dust.

I want to know if this is just rare occurrences where the online is bad or is every single game a terrible lag fest?

Last edited by Phobia; 05-07-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree this is vital information that needs to be addressed before I make a purchase. You would think in 2014 we could get a game to play pretty well online....you would think.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm still on PS3 but I can give you a heads up on your batting and pitching questions. There should not be any lag during the pitch or at-bat sessions.

http://forums.theshownation.com/show...66&postcount=1

Quote:
Thanks to each and every one of you who’ve picked up a copy of MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita. This has been an important year for the series, in many respects, and we’re excited to finally get the season started.

We have been closely monitoring community feedback to online play. We recognize that users are having issues and are moving quickly to analyze and address.

This year, we strove to revamp our online gameplay from the ground up. The goal was to provide 100% parity with the feel and input response of our offline gameplay. We have accomplished much of this: input and timing for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding online all feel the same as offline with virtually zero latency. As a result of this overhaul and our emphasis on a minimal latency experience, a number of visual anomalies and issues of synchronization have manifested that we are actively identifying and working to resolve.

It is a process, one with growing pains, but we are confident the significant changes we’ve made this year will help to lay the foundation for a vastly improved online experience, both in terms of fixes we will deliver in the near future and also for subsequent entries in the series. We can also assure you that our highly anticipated PlayStation 4 debut will benefit from many of our immediate learnings and fixes from day one.

We will keep you posted on the progress of online gameplay and appreciate your understanding and continued support as work to bring it to the level of quality we expect from every feature we release.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

That marketing lingo is fine, but I also read the ball is animating different for each user who is in a head to head game. The community manager said it was just a visual issue but visual is pretty important.

So I'm after real concrete impressions of how the game played online head to head against another user.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I just finished two games against a friend who lives 20 minutes from me. Both of us were using wireless connections through Comcast.

When I hosted, there was major input delay while hitting. Both of us kept having trouble hitting the ball, due to the delayed timing. This game was no fun at all.

When he hosted, the input delay was much slighter and more manageable, though still something you had to account for and adjust to. This game was a lot of fun.

Home Run Derby seems to run just as smoothly as an offline game. I noticed no input delay there. I wish the regular games ran as well as the Derby.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »