Home

I'm in slider hell!

This is a discussion on I'm in slider hell! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

shawntown's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm in slider hell!

So, I've been trying to find the best sliders for a realistic, sim experience for like 6 months. (FYI I play Madden 25 for Ps3, in CFM vs. the CPU)

There are SO MANY slider sets out there, many of which claim to be the "best" or "the definitive sliders" and/or any other manner of grandiose claims. And the funny thing is that more often than not, all these "best sim" slider sets are vastly different from one another. One guy will have something at 95, while still another guy will have the same slider at 2. Or 50. Or 23. It's maddening.

And now I'm coming across discussions where people are claiming that the penalty sliders don't just effect penalties, but other areas of gameplay as well! I can't make heads or tails of it.

On top of this, I can't figure out injuries. I drafted Douglass Velez (Jordan Weaver class I think). He has like 89 speed so I'm doing some read option, but he has 81 Injury. Kinda bad, but not horrible. Yet he gets injured in literally every game for at least 1 quarter, sometimes much longer. So I started messing with the injury slider to find out how it works. What I discovered led me to wonder if the sliders do anything at all. I won't bore you with the details, but after adjusting and testing with various settings for fatigue and injury, the injuries both on the field and in simming games appeared to be completely untethered to the injury and fatigue sliders. Yikes.

EA wouldn't do that, right? Put these sliders in to offer us the illusion of control over our gaming experience? They strike me as far too scrupulous a company for that.

I dunno. I'm rambling. Any thoughts guys on finding a good slider & auto subs set that will give me a decent, somewhat realistic gameplay experience vs. the CPU in CFM?

Last edited by shawntown; 05-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I'm in slider hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntown
So, I've been trying to find the best sliders for a realistic, sim experience for like 6 months. (FYI I play Madden 25 for Ps3, in CFM vs. the CPU)

There are SO MANY slider sets out there, many of which claim to be the "best" or "the definitive sliders" and/or any other manner of grandiose claims. And the funny thing is that more often than not, all these "best sim" slider sets are vastly different from one another. One guy will have something at 95, while still another guy will have the same slider at 2. Or 50. Or 23. It's maddening.

And now I'm coming across discussions where people are claiming that the penalty sliders don't just effect penalties, but other areas of gameplay as well! I can't make heads or tails of it.

On top of this, I can't figure out injuries. I drafted Douglass Velez (Jordan Weaver class I think). He has like 89 speed so I'm doing some read option, but he has 81 Injury. Kinda bad, but not horrible. Yet he gets injured in literally every game for at least 1 quarter, sometimes much longer. So I started messing with the injury slider to find out how it works. What I discovered led me to wonder if the sliders do anything at all. I won't bore you with the details, but after adjusting and testing with various settings for fatigue and injury, the injuries both on the field and in simming games appeared to be completely untethered to the injury and fatigue sliders. Yikes.

EA wouldn't do that, right? Put these sliders in to offer us the illusion of control over our gaming experience? They strike me as far too scrupulous a company for that.

I dunno. I'm rambling. Any thoughts guys on finding a good slider & auto subs set that will give me a decent, somewhat realistic gameplay experience vs. the CPU in CFM?
i comprised these off the 3 top sets here. you will get what you want.
just plug them in and go for it.

NECROMANDS SLOW SPEED CUSTOM SLIDERS

As we all know, madden 15 is coming out soon, and i have spent this whole time madden 25 has been out trying to tweak sliders to get real game experience. Pretty sad huh? We all know EA has crappy programmers who cant get it right. I have made a set comprised of 3 different sets ( GJD23, Charter, and Armour and Sword). I love slow speed because of the one handed catches, and amazing mid air tackles. So, with that being said i used GJD23 penalties because i have been using there sliders for a while now, they provide the best defensive play. So i built the sliders around them and around slow speed. 45 threshold you can get held to 2 ypc if you have a crappy OL against a good DL. try them out, tell me what you think like i said i know madden 15 is around the corner but i had to go out playing the game happily and wanted to share my experience with everyone else. If you use the Jags vs Denver you will probably lose, Sea vs Pats it will be a tossup, if you user a good team vs a bad team you will probably win big, RATINGS MATTER in ALL aspects.

HOUSE RULES
No switch on D is optional (if i am a good team i no switch, if i am a bad team i switch).
No user catching on offense (you will see some amazing catches) but you can still control the player after the catch.
Conventional play style and use the middle play unless its verticals or curl flats or corners then audible out
Use judgment to punt or go for it on 4th down
No user picking

PENALTY SLIDERS (Credit to GJD23 and WTBB)
Offsides 99
False Start 1
Holding 1
Facemask 1
Def PI 1
Off PI 99
KR/PRI 1
Clipping 54
Int Grounding 0
Roughing Passer 45
Roughing Kicker 99

If you guys want to know what penalties do in madden 25 here is a link to that info in detail:
Explaination of Madden Penalties!

GAME SETTINGS
Difficulty All Madden
Game Speed Slow
Threshold 45
Playcall- Conventional (use the middle play for a nice challenge)
Game Clock- 15min
Runoff-13
Player Proggression: End of Season
Injury- 50
Fatigue-52
Ball Hawk-on/if you are a no switch on D then off.
Heat Seeker-on
Auto strafe-off
Switch Assist-off

PLAYER SKILL
QB Acc 5
Pass Blk 0
WR Catching 25

Run Blk 25
Fumble 25

Def Pass Reac 100
Int 25
Pass Coverage 50
Tackling 75

CPU SKILL
QB Acc 15 (i would go higher 50-100 since it is more of a intelligence slider for cpu QB, but at a lower setting i found at 15 I still get tore up by Brady and Manning, it just seperates the good from the bad QB's. You dont want Chad Henne playing like Drew Brees).
Pass Blk 0
WR Catching 45

Run Blk 45
Fumble 50

Def Pass Reac 100
INT 50
Pass Coverage 100

Tackling 100

AUTO SUBS
QB Sub Out: 0
QB Sub In:1

RB Sub Out: 88
RB Sub In: 95

WR Sub Out: 60
WR Sub In: 65

FB/TE Sub Out: 50
FB/TE Sub In: 50

OL Sub Out: 0
OL Sub In: 1

DT Sub Out: 50
DT Sub In: 50

DE Sub Out: 50
DE Sub In: 50

LB Sub Out: 0
LB Sub In: 1

CB Sub Out: 0
CB Sub In: 1

S Sub Out: 0
S Sub In: 1

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 55
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 50

For the most updated rosters use Huyquoc roster entitled *25* for ps3.
If you want a EA roster with the ratings as they should be use Rondos TAKETHATEA roster for 360*, and on ps3 thanks to rysum.

Thank you for all your hard work GJD23, WordToBigBird, Charter, and Armour and Sword. It is very hard work trying to do sliders for a game to get realistic gameplay for free, when EA should be doing it right the first time for all the money they make. Good work, I cant thank you enough for your insight and direction.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Rookie

shawntown's Arena

Thanks Ncrmnd. I just input them. Gonna give them a shot. These are about the 25th slider set I've tried where the creator claimed his numbers were just the "simmest of the sim" sliders. None of them were. So I'm skeptical.

So these sliders you feel are a complete set? Auto subs, penalty, and gameplay sliders working in harmony to present a lifelike football experience?

Thanks again for taking the time. It's appreciated. Even if I do sound a bit pessimistic.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Rookie

shawntown's Arena

Ok. I played these sliders. My team vs. a pretty good cowboys team in year 3 of my cfm. Pretty evenly matched on paper.

After 1st quarter, I lead 21-3. There have been 5 turnovers in the first quarter. And 3 injuries.

Back to the drawing board. Sigh.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

nml11287's Arena

The best time that I've had with Madden since the PS2. Give em a try if you haven't already.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
Rookie

shawntown's Arena

Thanks, I'm about to try them out. They are very similar to Ncrmnd's sliders that just gave me an arcade-game first quarter (see above) but the turnovers look like they might be lower. That's a start. TX again.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Thanks, I'm about to try them out. They are very similar to Ncrmnd's sliders that just gave me an arcade-game first quarter (see above) but the turnovers look like they might be lower. That's a start. TX again.
cant judge off 1 qtr i havent had a game like that yet are you inputing them on play now and loading them into cfm?

and yes they are similar cuz i used those and charters and another set to form a slow speed set.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Ok. I played these sliders. My team vs. a pretty good cowboys team in year 3 of my cfm. Pretty evenly matched on paper.

After 1st quarter, I lead 21-3. There have been 5 turnovers in the first quarter. And 3 injuries.

Back to the drawing board. Sigh.
gotta remember that one game when denver played dallas last year it was a circus those things do happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »