Home

Need Help From a PYS 6 Expert

This is a discussion on Need Help From a PYS 6 Expert within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Need Help From a PYS 6 Expert

I need help from a PYS 6 Expert. Please excuse the new thread, as I couldn't find any answers to my questions in the impressions thread from several years ago.

I recently picked up this game and I was stunned and disappointed that the CPU never threw any balls in the WBC mode. I figured out how to change it to Hard- in Exhibition during the match up screen before the game loads, but is there any way to SAVE this setting??? Every time I start a new WBC game I have to change it. I can change it in the reg PYS shell. Game is horrifyingly broken on Normal-- still can't believe CPU throws NO BALLS WHATSOEVER on this difficulty!

Also, when playing WBC mode... sometimes a screen comes up and I'm forced to change my starter. Why does this happen? My starter can't be getting injured this frequently... even if the pitcher is tiring, I should have the option to leave him in, no?

Last game I played Vasquez (CPU) lasted 7 innings and was getting lit up... Matsuzaka (1P) lasted less than 5, despite not giving up a single run. Is there a way to keep my pitcher in when I see this screen?

Overall I have to say I'm shocked at how disappointed I am with this purchase... I wanted WBC mode and had been wanting 6 for years. If someone could help me with either of these two issues it would REALLY help the game for me.... thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help From a PYS 6 Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
I need help from a PYS 6 Expert. Please excuse the new thread, as I couldn't find any answers to my questions in the impressions thread from several years ago.

I recently picked up this game and I was stunned and disappointed that the CPU never threw any balls in the WBC mode. I figured out how to change it to Hard- in Exhibition during the match up screen before the game loads, but is there any way to SAVE this setting??? Every time I start a new WBC game I have to change it. I can change it in the reg PYS shell. Game is horrifyingly broken on Normal-- still can't believe CPU throws NO BALLS WHATSOEVER on this difficulty!

Also, when playing WBC mode... sometimes a screen comes up and I'm forced to change my starter. Why does this happen? My starter can't be getting injured this frequently... even if the pitcher is tiring, I should have the option to leave him in, no?

Last game I played Vasquez (CPU) lasted 7 innings and was getting lit up... Matsuzaka (1P) lasted less than 5, despite not giving up a single run. Is there a way to keep my pitcher in when I see this screen?

Overall I have to say I'm shocked at how disappointed I am with this purchase... I wanted WBC mode and had been wanting 6 for years. If someone could help me with either of these two issues it would REALLY help the game for me.... thank you!
Well I have never played pys6 but if it's like the others you need to set your settings in the utility menu to get them to stick. As far as no balls been thrown, under batting settings make sure cpu pitch cursor set to off, if you have it on fade they will tend to throw only strikes. As for you having to change pitchers it's likely the wbc mode where pitchers are allowed to only throw so many pitches.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #3
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Well I have never played pys6 but if it's like the others you need to set your settings in the utility menu to get them to stick. As far as no balls been thrown, under batting settings make sure cpu pitch cursor set to off, if you have it on fade they will tend to throw only strikes. As for you having to change pitchers it's likely the wbc mode where pitchers are allowed to only throw so many pitches.

See the thing is with PYS6, the reg game and the WBC mode are split into two different shells. You must select which one at the start screen. I have the utility settings saved in the reg game, but in the WBC mode they don't give you the option to do so.

The fade thing is interesting... I'll look into turning that off. Of course, I still won't be able to save it in WBC mode.

Thanks for explaining the pitch limit thing. That makes a LOT of sense, as I like to get ahead and then nibble. Maybe that's partially why they only throw it down the middle in WBC mode.

What IS the pitch count limit in WBC mode, anyways???
Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
See the thing is with PYS6, the reg game and the WBC mode are split into two different shells. You must select which one at the start screen. I have the utility settings saved in the reg game, but in the WBC mode they don't give you the option to do so.

The fade thing is interesting... I'll look into turning that off. Of course, I still won't be able to save it in WBC mode.

Thanks for explaining the pitch limit thing. That makes a LOT of sense, as I like to get ahead and then nibble. Maybe that's partially why they only throw it down the middle in WBC mode.

What IS the pitch count limit in WBC mode, anyways???
Don't quote me but I believe the pitch count changed from series to series increasing the farther on you advanced, as to the exact amount .
Old 05-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
Just started!

that right,'ll look into turning that off. Of course, I still won't be able to save it in WBC mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey man this old thread might help!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-thread.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »