Home

OSFM V.1 Franchise File

This is a discussion on OSFM V.1 Franchise File within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
OSFM V.1 Franchise File

This will be for 30-team control. What I'll be doing is manually injuring all players who were injured to begin the season (I'll use the 3/31 date for LAD and ARI)and putting them on the DL as they were. I will also make all lineups/rotations true to opening day but won't be messing with minor leagues. That way you can take your favorite team and start a season right away with realistic opening day rosters. You've have to set up the minor league rosters/lineups/rotations however.

EDIT:

Ok, I see there's a small amount of interest so I'll go ahead and post them. I also figured out how to export from the PS3 so I will be posting a sendspace file here for download when they are done. It will be a .rar file so you'll have to have WinRAR or a like program to open it. I'm hoping to have this franchise file out by this evening but it depends on when the OSFM come out. I'll be starting right away.

Ok here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6qj7f

I've done as best a job I can getting accurate injuries and the time the players will be out. I've also gone through the MLB level and made all lineups/rotations accurate to opening day (3/30 for AZ and LAD). I haven't done any tinkering with the minors so that'll be on you. I haven't touched anything for the team association so for now it's set to have all teams user-controlled. If you have any questions for setting up 30-team control hit me up or there's a nice guide in the main Show forum. ENJOY!

Last edited by ILLICIT206; 05-04-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: OSFM V.1 Franchise File

I've been testing the manual injury tool with different players and while it's really cool and thorough, I've found players will pretty much every time get healthy again in less time than what you chose. Maybe that's something everyone knows already, this is my first time testing it. Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

There is always interest in this every year. I would check with Hustlin' as he has done this the past few years. No sense in have two people do all the work.

If you end up doing this, I will definitely look forward to it.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh ok, yeah I'll see if he's doing it. I create one for myself anyway, so I figured I'd offer it to the community.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I've been testing the manual injury tool with different players and while it's really cool and thorough, I've found players will pretty much every time get healthy again in less time than what you chose. Maybe that's something everyone knows already, this is my first time testing it. Just thought I'd mention it.
This is true most of the time if you select the exact injury a player has. Since everyone's body is different, its if two players have a hamstring injury, one might come back in 2-3 weeks while the other takes over a month. What I do in my franchise is try to select the most accurate injury (or close) and one that is accurate to the time the player actually will miss.

For example:

I'm going off the top of my head but I believe Jason Giambi started the season on the DL with a rib injury. In The Show, the only rib injury is only like a 1-6 day injury so it doesn't accurately portray how long he'll be out. I think I put him on the DL with a torn pec, since it put him out for roughly 1-1.5 months. While a pec and rib are obviously different, it's close enough and the time is more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

jeffmanqb3's Arena

OVR: 7

I would be interested in this for sure
Old 05-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
Pro

Ripner's Arena

I'm quite interested in this. Usually I do this on my own but having less work to do is fine with me. Will it also have injuries to minor leaguers that were hurt to start the season?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes. I want this. Would save me a lot of time! Hah

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »