Home

Historic Rosters for 2014

This is a discussion on Historic Rosters for 2014 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8
Historic Rosters for 2014

Hey everyone interested,

So I've decided to continue on with the concept that I was doing last year. The late 80's/early 90's were some of the most enjoyable baseball years that I remember. Lot's of great players/childhood heroes etc from that time. These were the last few years before steroids came into play and changed the game. Last year I did '88-'89 and '90.

This year I plan on doing a '92 set, then '91 and then '90 again. Things will be just like last year. It will be a 25 man roster with a few top prospects, and 5-10 fringe players from each year placed in AAA They will be on the 40 man roster if they appeared in the majors that year. Players faces will resemble the counterpart, equipment/stances/delivery will be as close as possible. Attributes will reflect how the player did in that particular season. The pitchers repertoire will again come from the Neyer/James book. Top prospects will have the "top 50" tag, players will again not have the annoying green R or "top prospect" tag if they are not that year.

Depending on how things go, I might import '88 and '89 over later. Lastly, if enough people are looking for it, I was thinking about importing the "All Time Roster" that myself, Maize, scooter and a few other guys created for '12. That was probably the most impressive set I've seen on the game. Looking forward to the 6th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Historic Rosters for 2014

PJ. Will these be available for PS3?

Awesome news regardless.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

A&S, as long as he puts them up in the vault they'll be accessible on all platforms.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
A&S, as long as he puts them up in the vault they'll be accessible on all platforms.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That is super sweet. What a great thing having a multi platform vault now!!!

I am going to bust out my Upper Deck set from 92......and figure out what team to run with eventually.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Historic Rosters for 2014

Best news I've heard all week, its only Tuesday but still...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
Hey everyone interested,

So I've decided to continue on with the concept that I was doing last year. The late 80's/early 90's were some of the most enjoyable baseball years that I remember. Lot's of great players/childhood heroes etc from that time. These were the last few years before steroids came into play and changed the game. Last year I did '88-'89 and '90.

This year I plan on doing a '92 set, then '91 and then '90 again. Things will be just like last year. It will be a 25 man roster with a few top prospects, and 5-10 fringe players from each year placed in AAA They will be on the 40 man roster if they appeared in the majors that year. Players faces will resemble the counterpart, equipment/stances/delivery will be as close as possible. Attributes will reflect how the player did in that particular season. The pitchers repertoire will again come from the Neyer/James book. Top prospects will have the "top 50" tag, players will again not have the annoying green R or "top prospect" tag if they are not that year.

Depending on how things go, I might import '88 and '89 over later. Lastly, if enough people are looking for it, I was thinking about importing the "All Time Roster" that myself, Maize, scooter and a few other guys created for '12. That was probably the most impressive set I've seen on the game. Looking forward to the 6th.
Amen brother yes those were great years indeed, Cant wait to see these come out Loved playing with them last year.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

I wasn't planning on starting a thread yet, but when I saw your thread I figured I better speak up.

I'm currently working on a 1991 set. I am going to be doing 40 man rosters though. I was, however, planning on finding someone who could do faces, stances, deliveries and equipment. I am also doing attributes based on the 1991 season and pulling pitcher repertoire from the Neyer/James book. I am in the middle of laying out all the teams and players with ratings and info in a google docs spreadsheet.

If you would like to collaborate in some way, just let me know. It's been some time since I have done classic rosters for The Show, I think my Classic teams roster I did was for '10. I figured it was time to jump back in with the release of the PS4.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
Hey everyone interested,

I LOVE you, man!

(In the way a man loves another man, platonically.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »