Home

FANTASY DRAFT

This is a discussion on FANTASY DRAFT within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FANTASY DRAFT

I'm going to draft a team and I want to know who you guys feel is the best team to do it with. I'd like a good looking ballpark and sweet uniforms and I'm torn between a few teams. Right now I thinks it's down to PIT, STL, SD, COL, SEA, and PHI. Who would you choose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: FANTASY DRAFT

STL but thats because i'm a little biased as they are my favorite team lol

EDIT: remember that COL plays in a very thin air stadium which means its way easier to hit homeruns or have them hit against you. I try to avoid that team at all costs but i'm going to use a new approach to selecting a team this year for my fantasy draft franchise. going to use the play now option and hit random while the controller is in the middle to randomize both teams. Add up their divisional finish and then move the controller to the home team and hit random that many times so the away team gets randomized, whoever it selects at the end of randomize process is who i will be. saw a guy on YouTube do this for his Chicago White Sox fantasy draft and thought it was a good idea because i may or may not be playing as my favorite team this year

Last edited by DracoAres; 04-27-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: new team added
Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Cubs1984Nostaglia's Arena

Phillies. They have great park, uniforms, and cash.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I dont know bout uniforms but STL def has a nice ballpark. Be careful with the fantasy draft though. I noticed that almost all the computer controlled teams carry 15 pitchers and only 10 position players and that extra position player is always a backup catcher. You may want to do 30 team control if you want to do a fantasy draft.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

fuuuma's Arena

I like the Cubs, Reds and Giants stadiums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Rookie

HuskerPower3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoAres
STL but thats because i'm a little biased as they are my favorite team lol

EDIT: remember that COL plays in a very thin air stadium which means its way easier to hit homeruns or have them hit against you. I try to avoid that team at all costs but i'm going to use a new approach to selecting a team this year for my fantasy draft franchise. going to use the play now option and hit random while the controller is in the middle to randomize both teams. Add up their divisional finish and then move the controller to the home team and hit random that many times so the away team gets randomized, whoever it selects at the end of randomize process is who i will be. saw a guy on YouTube do this for his Chicago White Sox fantasy draft and thought it was a good idea because i may or may not be playing as my favorite team this year

Seems like an awful lot to go through when you could just hit random once or twice, but to each their own. Lol

Also since this thread revolves around the Fantasy Draft, I was thinking we could use this to post results as well.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerPower3
Seems like an awful lot to go through when you could just hit random once or twice, but to each their own. Lol

Also since this thread revolves around the Fantasy Draft, I was thinking we could use this to post results as well.

Sent via Tapatalk
it sounds like a lot to go through and complicated but its actually really simple. I'll dig up the video on YouTube and post it so it shows what i tried to put into words lol. As for posting results, I'm down for that. I'll be doing a fantasy draft as soon as the OSFM rosters drop although its getting harder and harder waiting for em. Not trying to rush them just ready to get my franchise going lol
Old 04-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by benparillo102
I'm going to draft a team and I want to know who you guys feel is the best team to do it with. I'd like a good looking ballpark and sweet uniforms and I'm torn between a few teams. Right now I thinks it's down to PIT, STL, SD, COL, SEA, and PHI. Who would you choose?
Are you playing just for fun or do you intend to have a long term franchise?

If you intend a long term franchise then I would recommend determining what your philosophy will be and picking a ballpark accordingly. I prefer a pitcher's park so I can build a team with speed and have a big home advantage and I prefer the National League.

For fun my first choice would be Colorado. They would be my last choice for a long term franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »