Home

So many CPU errors in RTTS

This is a discussion on So many CPU errors in RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
So many CPU errors in RTTS

Is anyone else seeing a huge amount of CPU errors in RTTS? I'm playing as a pitcher and my stats are tanking because it feels like nobody behind me can play baseball.

The prospect games are by far the worst. Yeah, I realize they're prospect games, but guys are dropping and bobbling routine fly balls and grounders. Minor league games are better, but it's still a comedy sometimes. And it even happens occasionally in major league games, too. Weirdly, the CPU's errors aren't always scored as errors. My 1B dropped an easy throw from third and it was scored as a base hit...

And one more thing—far too often if my team is ahead by around the 6th or 7th inning, the CPU starts hitting everything I throw at them and makes a crazy comeback. It almost makes me think there's some sort of scripting element in the game to make these games more interesting, but I hate immediately jumping to that conclusion. I know my player is getting tired by that point, but it happens like clockwork. Is there something I might be doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: So many CPU errors in RTTS

As far as your pitcher getting hit later in the game, make sure you don't pitch the exact same way the whole game. Make sure you are changing up your pitches. A lot of times guys start getting hit because they get stuck throwing the same pitch or sequence of pitches over and over. I catch myself doing it sometimes and I start getting frustrated.

Also, like you said, your guy is getting tired. Nothing you can do about that in RTTS, you have to stay in there until they pull you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »