Home

Year to year continuation.

This is a discussion on Year to year continuation. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Year to year continuation.

Can i continue my career from the PS3 version to next years PS4 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Cubs1984Nostaglia's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Year to year continuation.

Yes.

(CHARACTER LIMIT)
Old 04-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

There are still too many uncertainties for me. For instance, if I am half way through my 14 franchise, would the same roster and schedule appear in 15? Likewise, if I play 2 seasons in 14, can I skip 15 and transfer my files to 16? Just wondering lol
Old 04-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
There are still too many uncertainties for me. For instance, if I am half way through my 14 franchise, would the same roster and schedule appear in 15?
Why is this hard to understand? It's the same type of franchise file that we've been dealing with since The Show began. It will load the same exact information that was in the previous years version.

Quote:
Likewise, if I play 2 seasons in 14, can I skip 15 and transfer my files to 16? Just wondering lol
You would need to move it to MLB 15 to be able to move it to MLB 16, unless they change something over the next year or two.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Why is this hard to understand? It's the same type of franchise file that we've been dealing with since The Show began. It will load the same exact information that was in the previous years version.

You would need to move it to MLB 15 to be able to move it to MLB 16, unless they change something over the next year or two.
While I fully expect this to be that way it will work, none of this is known at the moment.

I just don't want anyone thinking what you posted was fact. It's not.

If you need evidence of that, see Ramone answering this exact question in the live stream with Greg Miller from IGN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm paranoid that they will add new features to franchise that will be incompatible with year to year saves
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm paranoid that they will add new features to franchise that will be incompatible with year to year saves
That makes no sense though because year to year saves is a huge selling point to them...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:46 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
While I fully expect this to be that way it will work, none of this is known at the moment.

I just don't want anyone thinking what you posted was fact. It's not.

If you need evidence of that, see Ramone answering this exact question in the live stream with Greg Miller from IGN.
This was 1 of the main reasons I decided to buy this years version on the PS3 so when I do go to the PS4,although probably will be a few years, that I can transfer my franchise.

However I do have my doubts that this will be a flawless transition, and I could see some major glitches cause of this this year going to the PS4, and possibly in the future as well going from 1 year to the next on the PS4. Hopefully Im just being pessimistic, but Im sure this cant be easy to code, and considering they have issues with something like budgets on franchise, which Im sure is easy compared to transfers from on system to the next or yr to year too.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »