Home

Starting 1st Association in 2K14

This is a discussion on Starting 1st Association in 2K14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11
Starting 1st Association in 2K14

Getting ready to finally startup(bought the game late) and have a roster question. I was told in another thread that downloading rosters from 2K might mess up your association. Is there anything special that people add when making rosters to get the simulation right(stats and user played games)?

I don't mind doing the work on my own, but would like to get the benefits of making it play better.

If there isn't really an issue with downloading from 2k does anyone make decent rosters for PS3? How close are the rosters 2K puts out since I would be using them as a base if I start from scratch?

Any other info on this year's association mode is appreciated. I.E workarounds or tips to look out for bugs.

Thanks for any help.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Starting 1st Association in 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Getting ready to finally startup(bought the game late) and have a roster question. I was told in another thread that downloading rosters from 2K might mess up your association. Is there anything special that people add when making rosters to get the simulation right(stats and user played games)?

I don't mind doing the work on my own, but would like to get the benefits of making it play better.

If there isn't really an issue with downloading from 2k does anyone make decent rosters for PS3? How close are the rosters 2K puts out since I would be using them as a base if I start from scratch?

Any other info on this year's association mode is appreciated. I.E workarounds or tips to look out for bugs.

Thanks for any help.
I didnt even take the chance this year to download a roster off 2k share, because the 2k devs continue to overlook these bugs every year, so my guess is the big is still there, but do not know for sure it is, but did hear some say there was issues, especially with created players in the roster. Created players will even effect your roster if you make them yourself from what I heard as well.

IMO the sim stats were tweaked and are better out of the box, but it definitely helps having editing rosters too. Touches, shooting frequency, is 2 key areas with sim stats. It always good to rate players accordingly too, as 2k has a tendency to overrate guys and with a few underated that arent big names. I have found lowering overalls helps if you like keeping roles and chemistry on.

Only stats that wasnt very good in team stat sims was turnovers were a little to low for teams, and team fouls were a tad low. In my roster I raised foul tendency on some players and that has worked, but probably Im seeing a few to many foul shots being taken now, so its tricky to get right. I was able to get turnovers a little higher by loweirng a lot of offensive awareness ratings. I just re started my Association so not sure how it will end up stat wise but so far so good, but I do play all my games with my team so it will take a while to get deep into it to know for sure how stats look.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

What system are you on?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

ive never had an issue using rosters from 2k share. not this year or any other year. im on ps3.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
ive never had an issue using rosters from 2k share. not this year or any other year. im on ps3.
Im on PS3 and I had a issue the previous 2 years with a edited roster of 2k share. Usually atleast 2 teams would be missing 1 game played once the season was over. I was told this was because of created players in that roster. Thats why i didnt even take the chance this year, plus I prefer to do my own ratings anyway, but Im not good at creating players so 1 reason why I always used a roster with all players in it.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've never had any problems with the 2k rosters being buggy.

However, I recently uploaded updated rosters and draft classes for 2014, '15 and '16, along with a more realistic roster (2k falls short, IMO, for how often they make updates).

search username ell26greatone or they are called 2014 NBA Draft 3.0, 2015 NBA Draft 2.0, 2016 NBA Draft 1.0, and 2014 NBA Rosters. They should give you a reasonable set of progressions (Tyreke Evans won't become Michael Jordan).
Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Im on PS3 and I had a issue the previous 2 years with a edited roster of 2k share. Usually atleast 2 teams would be missing 1 game played once the season was over. I was told this was because of created players in that roster. Thats why i didnt even take the chance this year, plus I prefer to do my own ratings anyway, but Im not good at creating players so 1 reason why I always used a roster with all players in it.
ive only used the rosters that bed from here created and this year i used the trifecta ones that were ported over to ps3 from the 360. never had an issue with those, maybe you're downloading rosters from people that dont know what they are doing.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
ive only used the rosters that bed from here created and this year i used the trifecta ones that were ported over to ps3 from the 360. never had an issue with those, maybe you're downloading rosters from people that dont know what they are doing.
I think it was last year or 2 years ago I used Beds roster and got the record glitch. I also downloaded created players off of 2k share last year to out in my own edited roster and got the record glitch, as I prefer to do my own rerates rather than someone else's, but I did try beds out and still got the glitch. I also had heard others have the same issue as well, so I know it just wasnt me.

This year I dont know if those glitches exist cause I didnt take the chance to begin with, but when I tried to backdate 2k's latest roster to opening night I got a duplicate player glitch. That was real annoying cause that happened last year as well when I did the same thing. So Im just living with the currnet roster in my Association, which I hate cause I prefer to make the trades when they happened IRL.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »